𝟎𝟕𝟕 | So High School

             TOO EXHILARATED TO CARE ABOUT detention, the blonde headed in the direction of the locker rooms, only to be attacked into an embrace by Astoria, who was vehemently talking about how well she played.

"You were on fire," Astoria gushed. "And everyone's talking about the way you smacked McLaggen. Great job on that, by the way. He totally deserved it. Though it was rather unfortunate McGonagall gave you detention for that—"

"Ria," Ophelia interrupted her friend. "I've got to go change—"

But before Ophelia could enter the locker rooms, she found her path blocked by a couple of older Hufflepuff boys she had only seen in passing. 

"Hey Malfoy," one of them greeted, smirking slightly. "Do you want to go out with me?"

"No," the blonde shrugged, turning back to talk to Astoria, who was now joined by Theo, Blaise, and Draco.

"You killed it!" Blaise ruffled her hair, causing her to scowl and swat his hands away.

"You played well," Draco remarked. "For a Gryffindor."

Warmth filled her belly. Draco had watched her play! Her brother had thought she played well. The smile that formed on her lips was unmistakably radiant. 

"Admit it, I'm a better player than you are," Ophelia grinned good-naturedly, looking around at all her friends. 

"Pfft— you wish."

Someone tapped her shoulder.

"Hey Malfoy, so I'm free next weekend, and I thought—"

"No," Ophelia shook her head adamantly, ignoring the rest of what the other Gryffindor fourth year had to say.

"That's the second one that's asked you out," Astoria nudged Ophelia with a subtle wink. "You aren't going to say yes to any of them?"

She clicked her tongue, shaking her head slightly. 

"Why not?" Astoria asked. "He was pretty cute."

Ophelia could feel Theo's gaze boring into her, and she was doing everything she could to avoid meeting his stare.

Draco's grip tightened on her shoulder, and Ophelia could tell he was upset about where the conversation was cleaning. 

"Shut up," he growled, raising his voice when he looked around at the line of boys that surrounded Ophelia. "All of you. Ophelia is strictly off limits, and I will kill anyone who even lays a finger on her."