𝟎𝟔𝟗 | Red

             WHEN LUNA LOVEGOOD ASKED OPHELIA what the real relationship between her and Theo was, Ophelia told her the truth. 

"It's just dating for fake," she shrugged. "I wanted to make Colin jealous for kissing Cooper."

"It looks real to me," Luna had given her opinion.

Ophelia then just brushed it off as being too good at acting to convince everyone.

But later that night, she couldn't sleep. It suddenly dawned on her that she and Theo were long gone in trying to convince everyone else of their relationship.

At this point, they were only trying to convince themselves.

When they kissed in empty corridors and broom closets, there was no one there, yet they had both agreed that it was to convince everyone they were together.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

It had become a real thing.

So Ophelia decided to put a stop to it.

However, the next morning, when Theo greeted her by giving her a hug, like he did, every day, Ophelia decided that she didn't want to lose this.

She liked being in a relationship, even if it was fake.

"Theo, we need to talk," she blurted, her grey eyes looking up at him earnestly.

"Is everything alright?" he had asked her, concern written all over his features as he pulled her aside.

She nodded, twisting two of her fingers awkwardly. "What are we doing?" she finally asked. "Because I know for a fact that this isn't fake dating..."

Neither of them understood how they had gotten to this point. 

But if they continued down this path, someone could get hurt.

"Then we fake break up," Theodore suggested. "We remain friends instead. Our job is done. Creevey got jealous, and he's stopped bothering you, right?" 

Ophelia nodded. She had told Theo what had happened when she had last interacted with Colin, and since then, he had left her alone.

But why did Ophelia feel a slight twinge of pain from a real breakup, when this was just a fake one?

"Problem solved?" Theo asked, his blue eyes boring into hers, daring her to protest. Ophelia wanted to say no. She wanted to admit to him that she liked the fake dating, especially the kissing part. But she knew that they were breaking all their rules.

"Yeah," she said, her voice breaking a little, forcing a smile onto her lips. "Perfect."

Theodore's eyes had darkened slightly, and he had already taken out his box of cigarettes when Ophelia snatched it from him and glared at him. "None for you today," she chastised.