𝟎𝟑𝟒 | Distant

             IT WAS REALLY AN INTOXICATING feeling; to be in love, that is.

It was like the world had stopped moving, and for once, Ophelia could see how clear everything around her was. Fireworks of different hues were going off before her eyes, kindled by the strongly burning flame of love in her heart. Her soul felt alive, and full, with a blazing desire to smile and cry at the same time. 

Because every time she looked at Colin, she knew. 

It was crystal clear. Every time he'd smile at her, or touch her, it sent her entire being soaring miles and miles above the sky and beyond. He was there for her through thick and thin, come rain, come sunshine. 

How he liked to comb his brown hair neatly in the mornings, but by the end of the day it was far too messy since he couldn't keep it neat, no matter how much he tried. How flecks of green would dance in his hazel eyes whenever he sat next to the fire.

Ophelia definitely knew.

And she was. She felt alive, like she was breathing for the first time in a thousand years.

She knew that this was the reason she was born.

Ophelia had heard many a tale of how it felt to be in love, but never, never in her wildest dreams did she ever even dream of feeling this way.

This was unsettling, it was wild, it was exhilarating and exhausting. This feeling, this new emotion.

But that did not mean it was a good thing.

She had heard so many times, that one could choose who to love. But for her, she felt the complete opposite.

Because she didn't choose to fall in love with Colin Creevey. 

If anything, she chose not to fall in love with him.

But then again, she did.

And Ophelia fell slowly, and then all at once. Which made her come to the conclusion that one did not choose who to fall in love with.

And as far as she was concerned, she knew she was lucky, to experience this feeling. But that did not mean she was prepared for it. Oh, no. This was the last thing Ophelia expected. 

She knew she had to stay away.

There were countless reasons why.

He had a girlfriend.

He was a mudblood

He was her best friend.

And so many other very complicated reasons.