𝟎𝟕𝟏 | Heather

 Dear Diary, 

I just found out I'm a witch! A witch! I can do magic! That's so cool, isn't it? A really old lady came home today and explained everything to Mum and Dad. 

I'm going to a magic school called Hogwarts! Term starts in two weeks. I'm so excited! I'll write later.

Love,
Mariana.

Dear Diary,

Today I'm going to Hogwarts! I'm so nervous, but also excited. I hope I make many new friends.

 I'm on the train right now, next to this girl named Ginny. She's got red hair, and six brothers. I wish I had brothers... She's telling me all about this famous wizard called Harry Potter and how he stayed at her house over the summer. Everyone already knows her because of her older brothers, and she's got so many friends, because they all want to hear her stories about Harry Potter. 

I wish I was her. Now she's writing in her diary. I'm going to read a book. Later.

Love, Mariana.

Dear Diary,

It's me again! I got sorted into Gryffindor, which is the best house, according to what Ginny says. She said she wants me next to her, because I was her only friend sorted into Gryffindor. The other girls on the train went to the other houses. She wants to be my friend! My bed is next to hers. 

There were three other girls besides me and Ginny sorted into Gryffindor. Two of them are twins, and they refuse to interact with anyone else. The other one is the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. Her name is Ophelia Malfoy. She has very shiny blonde hair and piercing grey eyes, almost blue. She's crying. She looks sad. I wish I could comfort her, but I can't, because Ginny won't be my friend if I did.

Ginny says her family is all bad. They're Malfoys, the richest in the country. Her older brother, Draco is in Slytherin. He insulted Harry Potter and Ginny's brother, and made Ginny almost cry. He also called me a mudblood, whatever that means. Ginny said it was very rude. She also said Ophelia was supposed to be in Slytherin, but she was sorted into Gryffindor. I think Ophelia is different than her brother. I wish I could be her friend. She's so perfect.

Love,
Mariana.

Dear Diary,

Mudblood means dirty blood. Draco called me that again. He also called Ophelia a blood-traitor. She looks very sad. She caught me staring at her. I couldn't smile at her because Ginny said not to. I want to fit in at this school. In my old school all the kids used to make fun of me. Ophelia rolled her eyes at me. Ginny said something mean to her. She called me a mudblood.