Chapter 14: A memory of the past! Head for Planet Namek!

Start from the beginning

“I might as well say the fault is my own.” Raditz grumbles. “I never liked the damn thing. To hear that same message over and over again makes the infants crazy. And even as adults… Kakarot. Can you hear me?”

Kakarot growls lightly, as the sensations all fade at once. The wild look in his face is gone. He feels the painful pressure on his tail. “Let go…”

“It seems you've regained your senses.” Raditz releases the limp and steps away. “I told you not to touch anything. You nearly destroyed your pod, and I would had gotten into a load of crap because of it!”

“I didn't mean to.” Kakarot grumbles. “I don't even know what happened. I just heard a voice and it said something strange, and I got so angry… I don't remember what-”

“I know.” Raditz frowns. “It's in me, too.”

“What?”

“Don't think about it. What matters is that I shut it down. It won't activate again as long as it stays that way.”

- Now -

The Earth shrinks smaller and smaller from view. He gazes at the red window in awe. He never saw the planet itself and he is fascinated on how it slowly spins in space. Now it's gone. Gone in a matter of seconds. Sadness hits him first. The planet that he has called home for years has been out of reach since he took off. The planet he spent his childhood in iis now out of his sights. He stares at the spot he lost sight of it in, watching the distant stares pas by. He probably won't set foot on it again, perhaps never even seeing it one last time. Having enough, he sighs and sits back against the cushioning seat.

"Feeling homesick already?" His big brother's voice says from the scouter. His tone tells the Saiyan that he is being teased. No surprise there.

"I want to say no but, I can't lie to myself." Kakarot replies. The energy in his voice is gone. He never felt so homesick in his life.

"No surprise. You lived there for a long time. You believed that you were born there, and you grew up there. Don't fret over it. Those feelings will be gone before you know it." If there's one thing Kakarot can point out about his brother, he's good at reading his thoughts.

"If you say so." Silence lingers for several seconds. "I guess that you got really mad when you found out that I forgot about you from my memory loss."

Raditz huffs. "Mad? I was pissed. I never thought that out of any Saiyan baby to be sent outer space, it would be you to bump your head."

"Well, I forgot about who you were but you did help me remember myself as a Saiyan."

"Are you thanking me? Don't push it."

"Why are you always so stiff?"

"Me? It's you and those earthling emotions that rubbed on you. At least I managed to get rid of most of it. If I didn't you would be crying over those Humans' death."

"I wouldn't!"

"Sure you wouldn't." Kakarot believes that Raditz rolled his eyes at that sarcasm in the sentence gave the hint. "Just sit back and be quiet. I'm in no mood to argue with you."

"Is it because you are easily stressed? That's not good for your health."

"I swear that if you keep talking to me I'll knock you out when we arrive to our destination!"

Kakarot crosses his arms. He doesn't understand why his older brother refuses to at least have a decent conversation with him. It would be nice for him to. Why can't they have a little moment to get to know each other fully as brothers? A question does bother him. He takes the risk on asking it. "When do we arrive there anyway?"