lover

We started slow dancing. He was standing so close to me, he was so tall that my head could directly be placed at his chest. I didn't even dare to look up. I could smell his strong perfume. His hand slowly shifted to my waist, I could feel his hand down to my very core. It felt like a sharp knife on my body. I placed my hands on his broad strong shoulders.

The tension between us was on its peak. I fumbled so many times, I accidentally kicked him twice. I should say that I am a really bad dancer but he was making me worse. He was so good at it . He spinned me around. He was patient with me . He held me tight , didn't let me fall even for once . I could feel his breath over my hair. I knew he was nervous too .

As the bridge of the song started, I tried to glance at him so I lifted my head to see him but he was already looking right into my soul. We started swinging a little and kept staring at each other . His eyes were trying to tell me something, it was like a way to look into his heart. The song was still playing behind. Just at the last 10 seconds of the song, we both were very close to each other and he started leaning. He had to bend down to reach my face. I could see his blue eyes directly now , His breath touched my lips , just in that moment, I thought he was trying to kiss me , I stood there frozen like a statue. The song got over, everyone started clapping , he put his both hands behind him and came closer to my ear and whispered,
" You are a terrible dancer." He smiled at me, did his dimple thing again .
I started breathing louder. He stood up straight back again and I was still frozen. I am sure, he definitely knew what he was doing, but that moment, I wish it was more.

The tension between us was broken by his friend, Daniel.
" Hey Aaron." Daniel said.
" Hey Daniel . How's it going?" Aaron shook hands with him partly hugging each other.
" Everything's good, it's been a long time, how's work?"
" It's going well busier than ever."
" How's the opening going?"
" Very well"
I stood there looking at them talking. Is he going to introduce me ? Like why would he introduce a fake fiancee? To think it in this way, I am actually just a stranger who randomly intruded his life.
" Let me introduce you, she is Nina Brown, and Nina it's Daniel, the owner of Danny's and my good friend." Aaron introduced me and I felt very nice.
" Nice to meet you Nina." Daniel said while shaking my hand.
" Nice to meet you too."
An awkward silence stood between us.
" Can you excuse us please Nina? It would be so kind of you to."
" Sure please, why not ?"
Daniel took Aaron with him as he placed his hand on his shoulder. I stood there dancing around a little more. It was really fun.

Aaron's Pov

" Why did you call me aside? It doesn't look good!" I said to Daniel.
" Is she your girlfriend?" Daniel asked
" No "
" I saw you both dancing."
" I was just diverting her mind."
" It's a good way to enter a girl's heart."
" I was not trying to do anything."
" But I am not able to put the dots! She isn't your girlfriend then who is she?"
" She is my fiancee."
" You are marrying her?! What the hell! You are getting married?? Why didn't you tell me?! And you are ready for it? You are over it?!""
" No ,There is no marriage. She has a boyfriend who she wants to marry, we are just figuring out something to stop this wedding so she could bring her boyfriend home."
" And you agreed ?"
" Yes . I am just helping her."
" Why?"
" Because two people who love each other should get married. "
Daniel looked at me with a question mark.
" But I really don't think she should marry her boyfriend."
" Why? Because you like her?"
" What no! He doesn't treat her properly. He doesn't behave. He left her drunk the other day. I wish I could punch the hell out of him."
" That's not the reason Aaron , she is not blind . She looks like someone who knows her worth."
" She doesn't. She behaves as a pushover with him . She only knows how to yell at me for no reason."
" She yells at you ?!" Daniel was laughing.
" Yes. Why can't she do that to him?! I don't get it ."
" Do you like her?"
" No."
A huge silence stepped between me and Daniel.
" Really?"
" Yeah."
" Then why can't you stop looking at her?"
He caught me. All this time , while Daniel kept talking to me, I didn't look at him. I kept looking at her. But, I don't let myself fall for anyone not after --
" I am just looking after her "
" She is not a child "
" Aaron"
" Daniel stop it, you know everything. I don't believe in love anymore, I don't want to get married, Ever."
" It was in the past, Aaron. Get over it. It's not like it's going to happen again."
" I won't get married ever. That's my decision."
" And what? Stay single and grow an old maid?"
" Yes."
" God, oh look she is coming here." Daniel said, sitting up straight.

...

What are they talking about for so long. Are they bitching about me ? Haha not possible, I am cool. Right? I was so tired from all that dancing. I went to the place where Aaron and Daniel were sitting.
" Hey I hope I am not distribing you ." I said.
" Nope please join us " Daniel replied .
" So what were you both talking about?"
" Nothing we were just bitching about you ."
" What?" I giggled.
" No man, just kidding don't worry." Daniel said smiling.
" Yeahh " I was laughing. But Aaron, he was silent all the time. I looked at him , but he was busy on his phone.
Daniel saw that. He immediately tried to make Aaron talk .
" Hey Aaron, I think it's getting late you probably should give her a ride home ."
Aaron gave a look to Daniel, it was kind of a death stare. Daniel gave him a smirk and said,
" I better get going. Bye Aaron and Nice to meet you Nina."
" Nice to meet you too ." I said to Daniel and waved him a good bye.
As soon as Daniel left, Aaron got up and started walking towards the entrance.
" Aaron?"
He paused, but didn't turn around.
" Aaron. "
" What?" He replied in a dense voice.
" Let's get going. " He continued.
I followed him . Not a single word from his mouth. I couldn't dare to speak.
" If you are busy, I can go by myself, you don't have to come."
" Get in the car."
" No it's okay , I can manage, it's not that late ."
" Darling, get in the car . I won't repeat myself." It seemed to be pleading as well as commanding.
"I - " . After a pause I said, " okay ."
The whole ride from the cafe to my house was silent. I was even afraid to breathe louder . He stopped the car at my house. He gave me a look to get down .
"So now , I mean what can I do, I mean - what should we do."
" I will see that, you go."
" Did I do something wrong ?"
" No darling ."
" Please if -"
" Go."
I nodded and got down from his car and started walking towards my door, he was still waiting for me to get in.