Tallulah Gets a Tummy Ache From Jacks and Beth's Gross Emotions

The screaming of a fire truck could be heard as they stood on the road. Annabeth grabbed Percy's arm, pointed at Tyson and said, "Where'd you find him?"

Tallulah could feel Percy's frustration and Annabeth's disgust mix together. Let's just say it did not feel great.

"He's my friend," Percy told her. "Is he homeless?" she asked. "What does that have to do with anything? He can hear you, you know. Why don't you ask him?"

"He can talk?" Annabeth asked rudely. "Beth, don't be so rude. And calm the disgust. That mixed with Jacks' frustration causes quite the stomach ache." Tallulah demanded.

She could feel the frustration lessen the smallest bit, and gave Percy a small grateful smile. His seagreen eyes looked back at her, with an emotion she couldn't read.

"I talk," Tyson admitted. "You are both pretty." The cyclops said to the two girls "Ah! Gross!" Annabeth exclaimed and stepped away from him at the same time Tallulah said, "Aww thanks buddy!" Percy smiled at that.

Percy examined Tyson's hands. "Tyson," He said in disbelief. "Your hands aren't even burned." Annabeth rolled her steel eyes, "Of course not. I'm surprised the Laistrygonians had the guts to attack you with him around."

Percy's eyebrows furrowed. "Annabeth, what are you talking about? Laistry-what?"

"Laistrygonians. The monsters in the gym. They're a race of giant cannibals who live in the far north. Odysseus ran into them once, but I've never seen them as far south as New York before."

"Laistry-I can't even say that." Percy said. Tallulah chimed in and said, "I don't think any normal person can say that word." Annabeth huffed a breath and said, "Just call them Canadians. Now come on, we have to get out of here."

Percy said, "The police will be after me." "I mean you only blew up a school. Surely they have more important people to chase." Tallulh said sarcastically.

"That's the least of our problems," Annabeth said. "Have you been having the dreams?" "The dreams ... about Grover?" Percy questioned. Tallulah felt her face drain. "Wait, you guys have been having dreams? Is Grove ok?" she asked.

Percy told them his dream. Grover had been taken by someone. He was chased into a wedding dress shop. "

"Why? What were you dreaming about?" Percy asked Annabeth. Her eyes looked stormy, like her mind was racing a million miles an hour. "Camp," she said at last. "Big trouble at camp."

"Tallulah have you dreamt anything?" Annabeth asked. Percy looked expectantly at her.

"I recently had a dream that I was ketchup, and Beth was mustard. It was weird because usually you're relish in my dreams. Why do you suppose that is?" Talulah rambled.

Her usual bubbly personality had started to come out more now that she was with her friends again.

Annabeth rolled her eyes and said, "I don't have time for this." Percy asked what he was in her dreams. Tallulah said, "Chick-fil-a sauce." Percy seemed pretty pleased with that answer.

"Anyway," Annabeth said, getting them back on topic. "There is big trouble at camp." "My mom was saying something like that this morning." Percy told the group.

"Something's wrong. We have to get there right away. Have you had a lot of attacks?" Annabeth asked. He shook his head. "None all year ... until today."

"None?" Tallulah asked. Her eyes drifted to Tyson. "Oh." "What do you mean, 'oh'?" Percy asked. Tyson raised his hand like he was a kid in a classroom asking to speak.

"Canadians in the gym called Percy something ... Son of the Sea God?" The three demigods exchanged a look. "Big guy," he said, "you ever hear those old stories about the Greek gods? Like Zeus, Poseidon, Demeter, Athena-"

"Yes," Tyson said. "Well ... those gods are still alive. They kind of follow Western Civilization around, living in the strongest countries, so like now they're in the U.S. And sometimes they have kids with mortals. Kids called half-bloods."

"Yes," Tyson said, like he was still waiting for the point. "Uh, well, Annabeth, Tallulah and I are half-bloods," he said. "We're like ... heroes-in-training. And whenever monsters pick up our scent, they attack us. That's what those giants were in the gym. Monsters."

"Yes." they all stared at him. He didn't seem surprised or confused by what was said. "So ... you believe me?" Tyson nodded. "But you are ... Son of the Sea God?"

Percy nodded. Tyson's confusion floated around them, like a breeze. Tyson frowned. "But then ..."

A siren wailed. A police car raced past the alley. "We don't have time for this," Annabeth said. "We'll talk in the taxi."

"A taxi all the way to camp?" Percy said. "You know how much money-" "Just trust her." Tallulah demanded. He hesitated. "What about Tyson?" Tallulah paused at that. 'What about Tyson?' she thought.

"We can't just leave him," Percy decided. "He'll be in trouble, too." "Yeah." Annabeth looked grim. "We definitely need to take him. Now come on."

They followed Annabeth down the alleyway, dread all around them as they thought of what awaited them at camp.

Authors Note:

im so sorry for the late and short chapter!

also tyson is such a cutie i cant ugwogqiebjfjebfd

this is very unedited so sorry