Tallulah Has A Few Realizations

"Oh I'm so glad you woke up!" Grover said to Percy. Percy gave the satyr a small smile but it quickly went away at the memory of last night. Percy looked up again, this time to Annabeth. "Why were you staring over my bed creepily in the middle of the night?" Percy asked.

Annabeth crossed her arms and rolled her eyes. "I wasn't standing over your bed, I was making sure you didn't die in your sleep. There's a difference." Tallulah laughed at her response.

Grover smiled for the first time in a while. Then it slowly faded as he said, "Now that Percy is awake we should take him to see Mr. D and Chiron." Tallulah and Annabeth nodded in agreement. Tallulah helped Percy out of the bed. The boy leaned on the girl with small tentative steps.

Tallulah could tell his body was sore. She did everything she could to make sure he was calm and comfortable. Slowly his muscles relaxed. Percy slowly stood up to his full height and looked down at her. "Thank you." he said with a smile.

 That was the moment Tallulah realized three things.

Number One: Percy was close to a half a foot taller than her, which honestly wasn't that surprising considering everyone and their mother is taller than her, but she still pointed it out anyway.

Number Two: Percy had beautiful eyes. They were the perfect shade of sea green she had ever seen in her life. The color was so familiar, like she had seen it somewhere before.

Number Three: She liked Percy's voice. It was raspy and very soothing. She didn't know how to explain it.

The group of kids made their way outside the big house. The sun was up, it was close to 10 AM. Annabeth led the way to Chiron and Mr D. "That's Mr. D," Grover murmured to Percy pointing at the god. "He's the camp director. Be polite." Tallulah said softly.

Grover continued and said, "You already know Chiron." He pointed to a man sitting in a wheelchair. "Mr. Brunner!" Percy cried. Tallulah gave Percy a confused look. "Ah, good, Percy," he said. "Now we have enough for pinochle." He offered Percy and Tallulah chairs to the right of Mr. D. Grover and Annabeth stayed standing.

Mr. D looked up at the new demigod and said, "Oh, I suppose I must say it. Welcome to Camp Half-Blood. There. Now, don't expect me to be glad to see you." Tallulah gave an amused look in Mr. D's direction. 

"Uh, thanks." Percy said as he scooted a little closer to Tallulah . Tallulah assumed he wanted comfort. She gave him an encouraging smile. Percy smiled back at her timidly.

Chiron looked between Percy and Tallulah. The centaur continued by saying, "Annabeth, my dear, why don't you go check on Percy's bunk? We'll be putting him in cabin eleven for now. I'll have Tallulah meet you guys later."

Annabeth said, "Sure, Chiron." The girls startling gray eyes shone with the joy of being assigned a task. She glanced at the Minotaur horn in Percy's hands, then back at his face. Instead, she said, "You drool when you sleep." 

Then Annabeth took off sprinting down the hill. Percy sent a glare her way when the insult finally registered. Tallulah, still sitting close to Percy, looked up at him with a smirk. She thought the insult was pretty funny.

Tallulah guessed Percy could feel her stare, because he looked down at her. Percy gave her a look that said 'Can you believe her?' Tallulah's smirk turned to a smile. She has been told her smile was infectious, because Percy started to grin right back at her.

Authors Note:

Im so excited to write them you guys don't understand.