57 : || Storms And Life ||

The vigorous wind depicted the upcoming rain, as the trees swayed and light dust blew.

Dark clouds clashed against one another, as lightning struck across the sky every now and then.

Panchali shut her eyes, feeling a slight discomfort. Pressing her fingers on the sides of her head, she tried to reduce the ache.

Opening her eyes, she glanced at the right corner of the laptop screen which indicated 1:55 AM.

The room bathed in the usual pitch darkness, which glowed occasionally due to the lightning effect of the nature through her open balcony.

She had been working for straight five hours, preparing a balanced sheet mentioning the assets, liability and equity of the past month.

Since she was not well, everything messed up.

As her eldest cousin Shivaay Rathore was the next CEO, Krishna made an illusion upon Panchali's stubborn demand that she would carry on with the work of CEO of the company, but back there her cousin himself as well as every other one would know it's him only.

Since she was in the Coma stage for an entire month, she had initially thought everything must be turned upside down in their business.

But to her surprise, her cousin did it to the point. Everything was balanced. Except few of them.

And Panchali had to prepare the balanced sheet of the finance department, and keep it in the separate confidential file in their laptop.

Exhaustion took over her, as she lowered the screen of the laptop and sat up straight.

The rough wind and lightning made her sigh. Storms had always been her favourite.

She was about to drink water from the jug that kept on the bedside table, but soon frowned upon finding it empty.

After engrossing herself so much in the work for hours, she had totally lost her attention that she was running out of water.

"Malini too must be sleeping now." She muttered to herself, thinking now she had to go and fetch water for herself from the Royal kitchen.

She got up carrying the glass jug and instantly hissed, feeling a pain in her neck.

Knowing very well that it was because of her continuous work posture without even moving once.

After all, the title of the most efficient business tycoon comes with a lot of professionalism and being workaholic.

Ignoring the pain, Panchali exited her room and descended the stairs to the ground floor. The strong wind along with some dust, blew her hairs, as she struggled to open her eyes.

The corridor was open from the front side, there was no wall giving a perfect opportunity for the wind to blow away the things.

The guards that were assigned for night duty, bowed on their knees as Panchali passed them.

The fire torches all blew off due to the weather, leaving behind a darkness, which frequently glowed with the lightning.

Walking for some good time, Panchali looked around being completely flabbergasted.

Did she came to the same spot where she had started?

Might be yes.

Because even after taking several twists and turns, instead of going to the kitchen, she found herself standing before the staircase.

"Oh God, where are you Malini?" Panchali muttered in frustration.

Her handmaiden always ensured to show her the path of the Palace, and gave her sufficient amount of water to her room.