4 : || Departure For Hastinapur ||

"Welcome Maha Mantri Vidur. We are pleased to see you here." King Drupad welcomed again the minister of Hastinapur, who was the uncle of his sons-in-law.

They were seated in the private discussion chamber of the Panchal Palace.

"Pleasure is all mine, Maharaj Drupad. The Hastinapur Royals are very eager to welcome their daughter-in-law. So, the moment we heard the news about the winner of Swayamvar, I started my journey for Panchal." Vidur said, smiling softly at the King of Panchal.

"By the way, I have heard that Vasudev Krishna has arrived here for the Swayamvar and the wedding of the Princess. I have a wish to meet him once after our meeting, Maharaj." Vidur stated his wish with a smile.

"My apologize Maha Mantri, but Vasudev has already left for Dwarka yeterday evening. I guess you all are aware of the wedding." Drupad stated but the answer he got confused him.

"I am sorry, Maharaj Drupad but isn't it quite natural that after the Swayamvar, the wedding follows. So, why are you saying if I am aware or not ? It's obvious that Arjun is married to Princess Draupadi." Vidur asked, being confused a little.

"But Maha Mantri, we did send a letter stating about the wedding. Haven't you all got ?" Queen Prishati asked after glancing at her husband, getting a reply from the Minister that's complete contrast of the actual situation.

"Uhmm... If that's the case Maharani, then I guess only I haven't got the any news as I departed on the evening of the day before yesterday, I mean on the day of Swayamvar only. Maybe as you said, the letter has arrived after my departure. Hence, I am not aware of the letter." Vidur stated reasonably.

Drupad and Prishati looked at each other at what Vidur said. That was quite reasonable behind his unawareness regarding the wedding.

After a quick pause he asked, "Why do you say so, is there something wrong ?"

"It is Maha Mantri." Drupad said, slightly scaring the Minister of Hastinapur.

Prishati then continued to recite the events, "Actually as you know, the Pandavas along with Rajmata Kunti were in incognito since the past one year. They were disguised as hermits and were roaming from place to place."

After a moment of pause, she continued, "No Princes or Crown Princes or any Kings of Aryavart was able to accomplish the task that was given, to complete the competition. We were bound to call upon the hermits or brahmins to try at least."

"Then a young brahmin came forward and did complete the task, winning my daughter's hand in marriage as a result."

"We were happy that she will be married now, yet we were downhearted because she was to be married to a hermit. That means her life would be just like begging and all. She would have to sacrifice all the royalty...Nevertheless we accepted thinking God has made their choice."

"She made her way to the home of that young hermit along with his elder brother. Moments passed when we decided to visit her would be in-law and escort them to our palace for the wedding, all by ourselves."

"But the situation there, was different when we arrived at the hut of theirs." Prishati inhaled a long breath before she continued.

She was too sorrowful to recite everything to the Minister of Hastinapur, thinking everything in a way.

Vidur was confused and was slightly scared thinking about any dreadful situation. What can be the situation that Maharani is so hesitating to say ?

Prishati then again continued, "We came to know that the young hermit who won the ceremony, they were five brothers in total."

"Pandavas ?" Vidur asked, though he knew the answer and he was confirmed when the Queen of Panchal nodded in affirmation.