58 : || The Sudden Combat ||

Golden hue started casting across the sky. A chill breeze blew due to last night's heavy rainfall.

The emitting smell of the wet mud was heavy in the air. Warm sun rays peeped through the clouds, giving it a mesmerizing sight to the eyes.

The weather was all too cozy and a perfect opportunity for the people to sleep till late, but only if they had no work to do.

And even in that weather, they had to wake up early and start their daily chores from the time of dawn.

The air in the practice arena got sliced several times by the weapons that clashed against each other.

But there was a sudden twist this day.

None of the Pandavas ever thought that all of a sudden their beloved wife would stand at the doorstep of the practice hall.

Apparently, Panchali too didn't think to visit but as she was passing through the corridor to go on a morning walk, she heard loud sounds of clashing weapons.

Following the sound, her steps led her to the practice area of the Princes.

The door was open, as she leaned against it and watched her husbands practicing weaponary.

Surprise filled her heart upon noticing Yudhisthir swinging his spear in such a speed that anyone could hardly notice his strategic moves.

Within no time, he defended himself from the attacks by the four soldiers and counterattacked them, leaving them unarmed.

Darting her eyes towards Bheem, she smirked in amusement. He was already beating a shit out of a soldier who tried to cheat by attacking from back.

Engaging in hand combat, her second husband threw his opponent on the ground in no time. 

Panchali shifted her eyes to Arjun at a corner, aiming his target. She frowned looking at him, whose eyes were covered with a black cloth.

An earthen bird swinged tied with a rope from the nearby stand.

To Panchali's utter surprise, Arjun released an arrow which tore through the air, and pierced the eye of the bird.

"Woah, incredible." She exclaimed to herself softly, being astonished at his perfect aim.

Next she caught Nakul and Sahdev engaged in a friendly duel. Their swords clashing with one another.

"Yuvrani." Arjun's surprised voice, paused their practices, as the five turned to the door to find her leaning against it.

Apparently, the archer within him had caught her soft voice as his only focus was on his hearing sense.

Panchali crossed the doorstep, stepping inside the practice area. Her face was utterly blank.

Scanning her surroundings, she found so many weapons hanging on the walls, some like which were heavy were placed on the floor.

Each was well maintained, and kept in one line.

Panchali's eyes caught the row of swords, that shone brightly, reflecting its sharpness.

A deafening silence fell upon their practice area as the Pandavas watched her speculating the weapons one after the another.

Just as Panchali pulled out a sharp sword, the brothers exchanged a gaze among themselves.

A wave of nostalgia washed over her, as her memory lane took her back to the time when she learned fencing.

There was a time when she practiced fencing almost everyday.

She learned all types of defense as instructed by her Mumma, Neha and learning fencing was her own wish.