13 : || Misunderstanding and Rituals ||

Second morning. She thought looking ahead as hues of light spreaded across the sky.

The cold breeze blowed but it failed to receive any kind of reaction from her. Because she was just like it. Cold.

It was her second day in Hastinapur. The whole night she spent on the balcony. She couldn't sleep.

How could she when she realized that her so-called husbands found her weakness. They watched her vulnerable side on the previous night.

Surely it wasn't her fault that they would somehow remind her about her nightmares.

But somewhere deep in her heart she knew that it wasn't their fault too as they were totally oblivious to her past.

No, it was all their fault. She thought reminiscing the previous night's incidents. They wouldn't have noticed my vulnerability if not they brought that filthy food.

Her jaws clenched while her palms formed in a fist.

One thing she hated the most in her life - people knowing her. Her past. Reason behind her coldness.

And that's what they tried to do. They tried to invade her personal life.

After whatever happened, she doubt if they would inquire anything about her.

If they try to pull any such stunt, I swear it would be their last day on this Earth.

Her mind again drifted towards the last conversation she had with Aryan few hours back.

Whenever Aryan asked her to forget her past, she would ask the same question again and again.

Has he able to forget his past?

And everytime she got the same answer. Silence.

She often thought how could Aryan be so cheerful like nothing happened with him.

That atrocious night. That fateful night, not only snatched her happiness but also Aryan's.

That night snatched their smile. That night made her what she was today.

But that night also made Aryan different from her. He didn't let it affect his present. He always keeps his smile on his face.

But only she knew it was all fake. She knew he was strong only for her.

And that is the only reason why they were so close to each other.

That is the reason why she lets only him to her personal space. Because both of them were hanging on the same cliff since 14 years.

A sudden knock made her come out of her reverie.

I swear if they are here for any explanation, I will not hesitate to kill them right this moment.

She marched towards the door with so much anger and opened it only to find the least expected ones at that moment.

Kunti and Gandhari.

Her face marred confusion on seeing the two royal ladies. What are they doing here early morning?

"Do you want anything? " She asked composing herself when she found Kunti checking her out. Most specifically her dress.

"What type of dress is this, dear? " Kunti asked softly being confused not understanding what she wore.

It was all so revealing according to her.

Panchali got self-conscious, frowning her eyebrows and regaining herself. She is so not going to give any explanation and obviously not going to change her dressing sense for anyone else.