56 : || Her Genuine Assertion ||

"Are you sure?" Aryan asked, over the call.

"I have never been so sure, Aryan." Panchali relied, determination screaming in her voice.

The gentle afternoon breeze blew her hair, as she stood in the attached balcony of her room, on the top floor.

She held the phone in front of her, as the best friend duo conversed in a video call.

"Yeah sure. I can see you adorning the nuptial chain." Aryan commented, his eyes taking a note of the neck piece, having five emerald stones, surrounded by tiny diamonds.

"Yes, Maa has given me." She replied, affirming.

Aryan frowned at her words, "Maa?"

"Rajmata Kunti. She told me to call her Maa." Panchali stated, gazing at Aryan virtually.

He sighed, a humourless chuckle bubbled out from his lips, "Well, because now you have accepted your husbands, you should call their mother just as they refer. Good start, you know."

Panchali frowned lightly, not understanding if it was his casual words or taunt.

"By the way, you are looking good in that nuptial chain. Its glowing differently." Aryan commented, genuinely this time.

However, Panchali remained quite. But just then, she heard heavy footsteps.

"Aryan, they have arrived. I'll call you later." Panchali stated, while a smile made its way to Aryan's face.

"Happy married life, Panchu." He wished, gulping a knot in his throat.

She nodded, pressing her lips together before declining the call.

A lone tear finally slipped from his eyes, as Aryan bite his lips in agony.

He didn't know why but when she was getting married to them, he didn't feel so hurt. Then why now?

Perhaps then, he was sure his Panchi wouldn't accept her wedding ever. Maybe relieved by the thought.

But now, things took such a turn that he couldn't really comprehend.

A knock resonated in his chamber, pulling him out of his trance. He cleared his throat and wiped the tears away.

"Come in."

A guard walked in, and bowed to him, "Pranipaat Rajkumar. There is a letter from Hastinapur for you, my lord."

A soft genuine smile broke on his face, taking the letter, he let the guard go.

He traced the letter, getting it after about two weeks. And he knew who it was.

Dusshala. He thought, knowing very well it was her.

He opened the letter, with a genuine smile. For a moment he forgot the pain in his heart.

And unknowningly, it was again Dusshala who helped him distract from his pain.

It had always been her.

***

"Come on in." Panchali's voice reached them, through the slightly opened door, as they were about to knock.

And again, they were taken aback by her predicament.

Exchanging a quick glance among themselves, the Pandavas opened the door, stepping inside the room.

The well maintained and clean room, designed in her signature preference for black greeted their sight. And the blue lotus fragrance hit their nostrils.