27 : || The Naming Ceremony ||

It was the second Prahar of the day, as the sunlight peeped inside the huge chamber, enhancing the glow of the white interiors with the golden natural light.

Panchali blinked open her eyes, as a strong ache shot up her head.

A soft mourn left from her lips due to the pain she felt in her head.

And finally the unfamiliar ceiling grabbed her attention, as she frowned at it.

Gazing at the huge white chamber, her eyes settled on the man sitting beside with his eyes closed.

"Arjun?" She muttered and slowly got up.

Her acts made Arjun come out of his peaceful slumber, "You're awake? How are you feeling now?"

Panchali nodded, "I am fine. Just a strong headache. But tell me, how am I here?"

Arjun was taken aback by her sudden question and regained himself, "Actually you fainted after coming out from Bhabishree Bhanumati's chamber."

She titled her head sightly at his answer, "Bhanumati's chamber?"

He nodded while she tried to remember what happened.

"But I don't remember anything." Her confused voice made Arjun frown in suspicion.

She was with Aryan first, then a maid informed them that Bhanumati had slipped into labor and then both of them went and the Mid Wife informed her that she was being called by Bhanumati.

She entered and witnessed Bhanumati trying to push out the baby. She was telling something and then...

The words were not clear, her movements were blurry in her mind.

And then blank... As if her mind fell into a dark abyss.

She couldn't recall anything. The pain became intense such that the more she gave pressure to think, the more intense she could feel the pain.

"Are- are you okay? Please, don't try to think or give pressure on your brain." Arjun's concerned voice made her come out of her thoughts, and looked into his eyes.

The depth of concern and worry for her behind the hazel brown eyes of Arjun made her question her own sanity towards him.

"How did I come here?" Panchali asked directly in a stern emotionless voice, making him startle as he blinked his eyes at her tone.

But he didn't break the eye contact, being truthful, "I carried you here after you fainted in the corridor."

The answer prolonged their eye contact for few more seconds, with Panchali being the first one to break it.

She placed her feet over the ground and got up, immediately her head felt dizzy, and she stumbled.

Arjun was about to hold her arms, but she steadied herself, "I'm fine."

And she moved out of the room, going past him, while Arjun sighed looking at the direction she went.

Panchali ascended the stairs, towards her room. Thoughts running through her mind.

Over the four months of her marriage with the five men, she never once felt uncomfortable with any of them.

Instead the soft sides of their always intrigued her to think otherwise about them.

When she gained her consciousness, if any other man was in Arjun's position, except his brothers and Aryan, she would have thought something else.

But nothing wrong came in her mind witnessing Arjun beside her, on the same bed.