Chapter 7: Preparation

In the Nurse's Office…

Nidoria found herself laying on a white bed with a white pillow under her head. Her right leg was bandaged up by the white rolled cloth. Below her right leg was a smooth wooden plank. It was attached to her right leg with four more pieces of white cloth.

Nidoria took a look at her surroundings. The walls and ceiling of the Nurse's Office were beige with the floor being brown. The curtains on her right were brown. Behind the curtains was a slight vertical rectangular window.

In front of Nidoria were a couple of green medicine cabinets. They were attached to the upper wall. Below them was a sink and a few more cabinets. This time, the cabinets were brown.

On Nidoria’s left was the Nurse's brown wooden desk with papers on the upper left and the container filled with pens on the other side. The space at the center was provided for the nurse to write. In front of the desk was a simple wooden chair. On the wooden chair sat the nurse herself.

The nurse had fair skin, brown hair tied to a downward ponytail and brown eyes. She also wore white shirt with gray pants and black shoes. She was seen writing a medical report about what had happened to Nidoria.

A few minutes later, Nidoria and the nurse heard a knock on the door.

“Come in,” the nurse said.

The door opened to reveal Kugo, Izugail, Liyah, Bokio, Shang-Yo, Ryoske, Gianso, Khelsi and Zeno. Their faces were full of worry.

Izugail turned to the nurse. “Do you mind if we visit Nidoria for a while?”

The nurse smiled at Izugail. “Of course, I don't mind. Just don't be too rough on her, okay?”

Izugail and her friends nodded. “Of course,” Izugail said.

With that, Kugo, Izugail and the others entered the Nurse's Office. After Kugo and Izugail entered first, Bokio, Khelsi and Liyah entered next. Then, Zeno, Gianso and Shang-Yo entered next. Then, Ryoske entered last.

Ryoske closed the door gently after he entered the Nurse's Office.

Once Izugail, Kugo and the others gathered around Nidoria, Khelsi was the first to speak up. “We were worried about you, Nidoria. Are you okay?”

Nidoria responded with a friendly smile. “I'm okay. Thanks.”

“What got you injured while trying to rescue the victim?” Liyah asked.

“Well, you see…” Nidoria trailed off. That's when she, Kugo, and Bokio explained everything that happened during their time to find the victim and get him out to safety.

After Nidoria, Kugo and Bokio explained the whole story, it was Izugail who spoke up. “It seems that every time a department takes a turn, a disaster always occurs. For example, when we—” Izugail gestured to herself, Ryoske, Shang-Yo and Liyah. “—tried to rescue the victim, a fire occurred in the building.”

“Yeah. And we had to put the fire out while trying to get the victim to safety,” Liyah said.

“During mine and my training mates’ turn, we also experienced an earthquake, but this time, it separates some of us from each other,” Gianso said.

“During—” Zeno gestured to himself and Khelsi. “—mine and Khelsi’s turn, we experienced flash flood and we were able to get the victim out of the building using a boat and a couple of paddles.”

Khelsi nodded in agreement. “We had to be careful with our earthbending. We could cause ourselves to be trapped in the building.”

“That’s true,” Zeno said.