Chapter 5: Battle Training

The next day…

The sun began climbing in the sky. The more it climbed, the more its rays shone on Protector-Training Island.

As the rays shone on Protector-Training Island, Nidoria narrated to the readers, "Khelsi, Liyah, Kugo, Izugail, Zeno, Bokio, Ryoske, Gianso, Shang-Yo and I did our morning routines before dressing ourselves in our usual clothing," Nidoria narrated. "After that, we walked from the dining room to the Main Training Area."

———————————————————

In front of the Main Training Area…

Nidoria, Kugo and their friends were surprised as they're stopped by a man blocking the entrance to the Main Training Area.

"But when we arrived, we were stopped by a man. He told us not to go to the Main Training Area yet as we have morning classes to take in the building right next to it. Then, after lunch, we’ll have our first Protector-training session. And so, we went there."

———————————————————

Nidoria, Kugo and their friends walked towards the building next to the Main Training Area. The building was shaped like a vertical rectangle. The walls were stone gray and many windows were attached to them. At the center-front of the building were two brown doors. Above the doors was a sign that was written in ancient Chinese language. It read...

PROTECTOR-TRAINING ISLAND ACADEMY
School for Young Protectors-in-training

On the right side of the door was another sign. It read...

List of Students allowed to go to Protector-Training Island Academy: 

Kindergarten Students

Elementary Students

High School Students

"When we arrived, we had our orientation. During that, we're all assigned their respective departments to go in every time they arrived in the Main Training Area and the building called Protector-Training Island Academy. This depends on our bending abilities."

———————————————————

Fire Department High School Classroom, Ground Floor, Protector-Training Island Academy

The Fire Department High School Classroom walls were orange while the floor was green. The desks were wooden brown and there were no chairs behind them. Instead, they were replaced with red mats. The ceiling was also brown.

In front of the first row of desks was a wooden brown table, meant for the teachers to teach them normal school lessons. Farther ahead of the desks was a green board with a couple of chalks and a board eraser on the wooden plank at the bottom of the green board.

Attached to the right wall were paintings made from the Fire Nation. On the other side were sandy peach windows with light brown patterns on it. Right now, the windows were half open.

Sitting in the front row of desks were Nidoria and Bokio.

Nidoria and Bokio’s eyes were on the male teacher as they listened intently to the history of the Fire Nation.

“Bokio, Kugo and I were assigned to be in the Fire Department because we’re firebenders. We’d be under the mentorship of Flame-Lady. Bokio and I took morning classes in the Fire Department High School Classroom because we’re teenagers.”