The Toddler's Trap

During a Mission

The Danger Force is fighting the toddler, but this time the toddler has come back with a strong contraption that is resilient to all their powers. "All of our powers are not working against this robot," Chapa says. "Y'all, a little help here," Bose says with the little breath he has left as he is getting squished by the robot. Mika helps Bose and runs for cover as the robot is shooting lasers towards them. "HAhHAHA, your puny powers will never go up against the Robot 3000," the toddler says. "Wow, what a well-thought-out name," Chapa says. Miles is still teleporting in and out to get bystanders out of the way. "Guys, I think I have a plan," Mika says.

After the explanation of the plan:

Mika and Chapa shoot out their powers at the same time, with Bose catching it with his powers and forming it into a ball of powers. "Well, here it goes," Bose says with strain in his voice. Bose throws the ball at the robot, but in the meantime, the ball bounces off the robot and hits Miles, knocking him out. "I'm sorry to say this, guys, but I think I have to say this is a mission failed. Let's grab Miles and get out of here," Chapa says, running to Miles.

In the Man's Nest:

Mika is pacing back and forth, mumbling while Bose and Chapa sit on the couch, waiting for Ray and Schwoz to get back to them with news on Miles. Bose is a bit worried about Mika. "Are you okay, Mika?" Bose asks. "I can't believe my plan failed," Mika says. "What?" Bose asks. "My plan, it failed, and Miles got hurt along with it. I'm a failure," Mika says. Mika grabs her hair, crouching. Chapa and Bose try to walk up to her before she puts her hand up in a wait position. She looks up at them. "I'm not fine," Mika says, standing up. "My brother is hurt because of me. It's all my fault. I get everything; he doesn't. I'm little miss perfect, but I couldn't get this...th-this do-" Mika cuts herself off with a hitched breath before breaking down into hyperventilating. Bose and Chapa walk up to her, trying to get her to calm down. "Chica, you have to calm down; you're going to make yourself pass out." Chapa says. "Hey, hey, none of that. Calm down," Bose says firmly. "I ca-can't," Mika says, shaking her head. Bose takes her hand and places it on his chest. "Take a deep breath with me," Bose says. Bose takes a breath with Mika, trying to follow along, failing the first time but catching on. "Are you okay now, Meeks?" Chapa asks. Mika nods her head. "I'm tired," Mika says, with red eyes and a hazy look in her eyes. Bose carries a half-asleep Mika in his arms. "I'm going to take her to her room; you go check up on Miles," Bose says. Chapa nods before they part ways.

(TBC )