WHAT!! (Part 2)

The following day, Chapa and Mika are in the Man's Nest, still shaken from the previous scare, cuddling. "What's the deal, Ray?" Chapa glances at him, irritated, then closes her eyes, resting her head against Mika's neck. "What's Tammy's issue?" Ray inquires, pulling a face. Mika stares at him with a stern look, "What's y'alls problems" he continues. "Our problem is that you assigned us a mission meant for you specifically!" Mika retorts. "Well, you're in one piece, aren't you?" Ray responds, with a hint of attitude. "BARELY. Chapa had a seizure yesterday, something you'd know if you bothered to check in on us," Mika reveals. "No, wait, what did you say?" Ray questions. "Chapa had a seizure." he mumbles to him self surprised "Are you alright, Chapa?" Ray asks sincerely. 

Chapa starts crying and gazes up at Ray. "Sometimes I wonder why Henry didn't quit sooner. I actually look up to you as a father figure since my parents don't spend time with me or acknowledge me unless it's for a crime. This place is meant to be safe, but now I'm not so sure with your actions. Some parental figure you are," Chapa declares before storming off into the 900 door room. Mika looks at Ray apologetically. "You know she's right. I don't agree with her about the Henry part, but you need to step up," she remarks before chasing after Chapa. 

Schwoz enters the room with a disappointed expression. "Ray, you must understand this is not like Henry. It's even more dangerous because these kids have powers. One misstep and they could end up in a facility for life or worse, dead. Their parents already lack trust in us, and now I have to call Chapa's parents to inform them about a medical emergency, something that hasn't in her 16 years of life. You need to do better, Ray," Schwoz concludes, taking what he came for from the Man's Nest and returning to his tasks. "Wow" Ray says surprised

A little bit later

Bose and Miles enter together. Ray sits silently on the Man's Nest couch lost in thought. "I wonder what's up with him," Bose ponders. "Probably got an earful from Mika," Miles suggests, shrugging. They approach him. "Hey Boss," Bose and Miles greet. "Do I upset you or make you feel unheard?" Ray asks. Bose and Miles exchange glances. "Sometimes, but I couldn't care less. I'm used to being ignored in my life," Miles says casually. "Me too, although I might care more than Miles does," Bose admits. "I'm sorry that I made you feel that way," Ray apologizes. "I appreciate your apology, but we're not the ones really affected. Yes, it hurts, but we're accustomed to it. On the other hand, Chapa and Mika seem unaffected, despite how it really is."

The girls enter the Man's Nest with Chapa, ignoring Ray. "Hey Ray," Mika says. "What's up?" Ray, seeming distracted by Chapa ignoring him, says, "Okay, listen up everyone." Ray speaks to all the kids, "I just want to apologize for my actions. I know sometimes it looks like I don't care about y'all, but I really do. So please, please forgive me," Ray says dramatically, getting on his knees. "Okay, Ray, we forgive you," Chapa says. "Group hug!" Bose shouts. They gather into a group, but Chapa shakes her head no before Mika pulls her into the hug. "I love you guys," Ray says.

(The ending seems a little rushed but its okay💀)