Chapter 65 My Sister's Keeper Part 2

Tuesday November 7 2024

Kendra's P.O.V 

We all sat at our table outside for lunch. I noticed the group was not that talkative as usual. I didn't know why. Rissa was up under David as always and Lisha was sitting on Reese's lap brushing his waves. Lol. They are too cute. Jason was pretty quiet and so was David. I just went with the flow though I could sense something was off. Maybe everyone was still recuperating from homecoming weekend. 

"Why yall so quiet?" Reese asked breaking the silence.

"Yea" Elisha wondered.

Larissa shook her head and David lightly squeezed her thigh. "Im just tired" she said.

Reese tried to make small talk with the group and they joined in, however the underlying tension remained. 

When the bell rang,  signaling that school was over, Elisha and Larissa met at their lockers to put their books away and pick up the books they needed for homework. 

"So what you about to do?" Elisha asked.

"Um I may just hang out with David for a lil bit" Larissa said.

"Ok, I'll ride with Reese. You ok?"  

"Yea I'm good. Im just so tired. I dont know why."

"Alright well get you some rest and I'll see you tomorrow".

"Ok, see ya boo" Larissa said hugging her and walking to the senior parking lot.

David and her got in her car and headed out. They stopped by Chipotle to get something to eat and sat inside.

There was silence as Larissa sat across from David.

David looked up at Larissa. "Baby" he reached his hand across the table, offering it to her.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong?"

"You know."

" Baby just let it go. Brian will get his. Just let your dad handle it."

"Danielle doesn't want him or my mom to know. She's embarrassed because they liked him so much. For what I dont know? He barely had to try." Larissa rolled her eyes.

"Well it is what it is. Your mom wants you to be with a black guy that was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. "

"She wasn't born with a silver spoon in her mouth. My mom was born in Liberty City in the Pork N Beans projects."

"Well that explains you" He chuckled, causing Larissa to playfully kick him under the table. 

"Oww" he continued to laugh. "You're so violent babe" 

After they finished eating, they cleaned up and left. Larissa asked David to drive and he agreed. "Where to next?" He asked.

"I dont know,  just drive"

Larissa began texting Elisha.

Larissa: hey sis

Elisha: Hey girl hey

Larissa : where you at?

Elisha: Reese's pieces house

Larissa: lol Can we come over? We're bored. Can't take him to my house and I'm not welcomed at his house. 

Elisha: Awww, yea I dont think he would care.

Larissa: is his parents home?

Elisha: No not yet