Chapter 61 Homecoming Dance Part 2

At exactly 7 o'clock on the dot, the three couples made their grand entrance into the ballroom of the Hilton Hotel. The space was beautifully adorned with Egyptian decor. Majestic Egyptian statues adorned the corners, while the tables were elegantly covered with black tablecloths. Resting on the tables were shiny gold plates and gold cutlery neatly tucked inside black cloth napkins. The centerpieces stole the show - towering gold vases filled with black roses and golden willow branches.

The three couples were seated together, chatting and giggling. Larissa promptly made her way to the dance floor with some of her other close friends, while Elisha and Kendra chose to remain at the table with David, Reese, and Jason.

"Y'all come on and stop being so boring!" Larissa shouted at her friends.

They waved her off and let her have the dance floor. The party-goers danced to the usual, the Electric Slide, the Cha-Cha slide, and the crowd went wild every time the DJ played the latest hits.

The DJ played "Enough" by Cardi B, and the crowd went crazy, rapping along to the song.

After dinner was served, the couples gathered around, capturing precious moments in photographs. The entire group joined in, striking poses and creating memories that would be cherished forever.

As the homecoming court was revealed, the excitement filled the air. The names of the underclassmen were called out one by one, building up the anticipation. Finally, the moment arrived when the homecoming queen and king were announced. Larissa observed as Yanique Daniels was crowned homecoming queen, and she couldn't help but feel a pang of regret for not investing more time and effort into running for the title as she had initially planned. The chaos surrounding homecoming week, from Gabby to Brian and her sister's heartbreak, had consumed her attention. October and now November had proven to be challenging for Larissa. With twenty-six days remaining in November, she held onto the hope that things would take a turn for the better.

After the dance was over, they planned to go to the arcade and hang out. They opted out of going to the after-party that their classmate Jarius Williams was throwing. They changed into the clothes they had brought with them before heading out of the hotel.

Jason and Kendra decided to coordinate their outfits. Jason sported a plain white T-shirt, jeans, and white Nikes, while Kendra wore a white spaghetti strap tank top, a denim skirt, silver sandals, and matching silver accessories. This would be their first group date with the other two couples.  It brought them immense joy to finally have someone special in their lives. They had grown tired of watching their friends experience the bliss of love while they remained on the sidelines.

Each couple drove separately to the arcade and met up about 15 minutes later.

As Jason and Kendra approached the couples, Larissa's smile widened as she took in their matching outfits.

"Aww, look at you two, matching! That's so cute!" she cooed, causing Jason and Kendra to smile. "Let me take a picture of yall". Larissa whipped out her phone and took a picture of the couple, who stood side by side embracing eachother.