Chapter 63 The Talk

Sunday November 5, 2024

Kendra's P.O.V

My alarm was supposed to wake me up at 8 am for church, but I must have slept right through it. When I finally opened my eyes, the house was eerily quiet. Glancing at my phone, I realized it was already 10 am. Ughhh. They had left without me. I guess they didn't want to disturb me, especially since I came home so late, well past midnight.

My grandmother was visiting from Ocala and decided to stay for a while after coming down for my homecoming dance. As I hid under the covers, memories of last night flooded my mind - grandma being wide awake in the den, her walking in on Jason and I, and then her comment about not wanting more great-grandchildren. Considering all of that, I'm surprised she didn't wake me up for church.

I don't want to get up. I'm exhausted. Last night was a lot, with Eric and his shenanigans, and then the whole fight that broke out. I really appreciated Jason for standing up for me, but I really didn't want him to get involved in this drama with Eric, but I'm learning that Jason is stubborn. He will not back down. Not only is he stubborn, but he is also...hmm...everything I could ever hope and dream for so far. The more time I spend with him, the stronger my feelings for him become. I never realized how strong my attraction to him was. Before we started dating, of course I found him to be very attractive, but now my attraction to him has just intensified. My heart, my mind, and though I hate to admit it, my body reacts to his presence. Not only am I in love with him, I am also lusting for him. His hugs. His kisses. His touch. After last night, I contemplated what would have happened if my grandma hadn't barged in. I would like to think that I would have asked him to leave, but deep down, I didn't want him to go, even though I knew he should for my own good. I don't know if I would have been strong enough to keep this vow that I made.

~~~~

Kendra sighed. Rising from her bed, she walked into the bathroom and began her morning routine, washing her face, brushing her teeth, and taking a shower. She made herself a quick breakfast and then got back in the bed to watch TV. She checked her phone about five times in a span of an hour, looking for a text from Jason, but there was nothing. Maybe he is still asleep, she thought. She wondered if he thought about her as much as she thought about him. Instead of waiting for him to text her, she decided to text him first.

Kendra
Good morning

A few minutes later, he texted back.

Jason
Good morning beautiful

His message made her smile.

Kendra
did you sleep good?

Jason
Nope.

Kendra
why?

Jason
i had a nightmare

Kendra
im sorry 😞 what was it about?

He didn't respond until a few minutes later.

Jason
something stupid

Kendra
oh ok, i don't get nightmares that often but when i do theyre weird lol

Jason
ur lucky
you miss me?

Kendra
yes i do

Jason
i miss you too. we can face-time soon if you want. I just have to get up and get ready, ill call you in a few minutes

Kendra
ok

Soon, they did face-time as planned and spent time talking and laughing for about two hours, before hanging up.