Chapter 19 (Reminiscing the past misunderstandings)

"Umm I kinda fell-----" She started.

"There's more I guess?"

"-----on my ribs and I think they might be bruised." She finished.

Angelo's eyes grew slightly wide at her words. Carlo raised his brow as he followed Angelo who led Leila on the couch in living room.

"Call Xavier." Leila stiffened slightly at Carlo's words.

Antonio nodded and pulled his phone out and rounded the corner to call him.

"Err t-there's no need to call Xavier. I-I will be fine by some res--" Angelo cut her off with a sharp look on his face.

"Keep quiet for now and don't pressure your ribs more." Leaving her in Carlo's care, he himself headed to kitchen to bring ice-pack.

She awkwardly looked up at Carlo who casually stood in front of her with his arms crossed over his chest and his eyes staring back at her.

By that time, Luciano and Vincent entered through the front door.

"-And then I twisted his broken fingers like that and he started squealing like a gi- What's going on?" Luciano's laugh cut off abruptly as his eyes fell on Leila.

Seeing a pained expression on her face and unshed tears in her eyes, he immediately rushed towards her.

"Who hurt you?! Who do I need to kill?!" He asked with a lunatic grin making Leila cringe in pain and horror.

"Give her some space, Luciano." Carlo said.

Just as Angelo came back with painkillers and ice-pack, Xavier along with Zach arrived there too. Antonio  was already standing few feet away from couch beside Carlo.

"Let me see, Leila." Xavier sat beside her. Leila uncomfortably pull her shirt out of her skirt and lifted it up a little exposing the damage happened to her body.

Angelo and Luciano sucked a sharp breath in. Xavier assessed the damage with his keen, cold eyes.

"I FUCKING NEED NAMES!" Luciano cursed loudly and flipped the coffee table with a crazed look on his face that only made Leila tremble in fear.

"Calm down, Luciano. Go to gym and burn some steam off." Xavier said calmly.

Luciano clenched his fists and stormed out of there.

"I'm going to torture someone." His loud shout was heard from upstairs but Xavier and others ignored it.

Xavier held out his hand in front of Angelo who quietly handed him the ice-pack.

He gently placed it on her ribs.

"It will take 3-4 weeks for them to heal. It's a good news that nothing is broken. But proper rest is required." Leila stared at him frozen. The way he sounded, there was a hint of gentleness in his tone. It was strange to hear.

Leila nodded taking his words in and pulled her knees to her chest.

"Don't lay on your ribs and don't sit in the same position for long."

Her oldest brother was being caring to her. It was shocking not only to her but their other brothers who witnessed this scene.

He took painkillers from Angelo who was standing at his place, gaping lightly and frozen.

Vincent and Zach were staring with wide eyes. Antonio had his eyebrows raised while Carlo's eyes showed mild amusement.

"Brother, are you alright? You never showed this." Zach commented.