Chapter 1 (Cursed to be a Lambordi)

CURSED TO BE A LAMBORDI

A 15 year old, Leila Lambordi bolted downstairs with panic flaring in her chest as loud crashing sound reached her ears.

Her blood ran cold, she stumbled on the last steps, face planting on the wooden floor. She slowly lifted her face up as tears poured down her eyes. Her scream echoed in the deadly silence as she clutched her bleeding heart.

Minutes passed by, very faintly she heard the sound of door opening and worried footsteps rushed in. But she couldn't move any muscles. Arms wrapped around her, gently lifting her off the ground but she could only feel numb and stare ahead at the dead body of her grandmother, her only hope of living was no more.

Everything around her was just blur. She remained numb, frozen at the distant, sitting on a single armchair across the living room hearing the sounds of people coming or getting out.

A slight twinge of her muscles was visible to naked eye, it happened suddenly.

She didn't see but she felt it. They were here. Their presences brought intense authority and dominance. She didn't like the chill that ran down her spine. Their presence was just as overwhelming as before. Her brain already stopped working but she needed to know which one of them was present here.

"Great. Now I have to deal with this." A annoyed voice reached her ears. Leila held in a cringe as her conscience recognized the owner immediately.

"Leila!" Her name was called but she dare not lift her gaze up knowing completely that it would irk him but Leila needed time. Sure he won't understand it. When would they have ever understand her?

"Stop being dramatic and get up already. I am here to take you back home." He was getting impatient, like always angry. His anger scared her and seeing the fear on her face gave him his sick enjoyment. Leila was well aware but she wasn't going to back down without even trying.

"G-grandma is d-dea--"

"So what? Do you want to be next? That old hag is better off dead. Her time was already near." He stated rudely, like always bluntly. Sometimes he never think first before speaking. He didn't care that his words could literally pierce someone's heart.

"DON'T SPEAK ABOUT HER LIKE THAT!" She shouted, with tears and glare on her face.

"Lower your tone next time." He didn't need to yell, his harsh words easily made her cower.

"You have thirty minutes to pack your things." He merely glanced down at his watch.

"I-I d-don't wa--"

"Hmph. Nevermind. Forget about packing. You are coming now." His cold hand wrapped around her wrist.

Her eyes widened in shock.

"No.." She tried to protest, thrashing in his grip but it was of no use. She was roughly pushed into the car before shutting the door, he paused for a moment and looked at her.

"Behave now if you want to see old hag one last time."

The brutal coldness in his eyes and actions made her shrink back as he slammed the door shut.

A lone tear rolled down her cheek as she cursed inwardly. Why God cursed her with such cruel fate? She would have been happy with anything but she didn't deserve to be cursed, born as their sister and as a Lambordi.....!

So this is a new start, a good start.... I hope you would enjoy it ❤️💃🏻