Chapter 10 (Anger-Acceptance)

"As you can see yourself, the youngest  member of Lambordi family, the only female heir present in this room, within these four families--" He was cut off by Aurelio who slapped his hand on the table.

"Don't circle around the words. Just say it whatever it is."

Leila nervously gripped Angelo's sleeve and slightly hid behind him. She was not liking where it was going.

"Hmm. You got me there. Well, as you see Leila is growing up nicely and she will turn 18 soon. To form a strong bond between our four families and to resolve the conflict between King and Lambordi family, and also in a way to keep my family's name going as I desperately need a heir, Leila will be impreg--"

Leila almost collapsed if it was not of Angelo's arm around her that held her tight. Leila did not notice it because she was busy cringing in disgust and horror.

It all happened so quick, Albert was pinned against the wall with Xavier's hand gripping his throat in death grip and several guns pointed at Albert from Lambordi and Silas family too.

Albert's guards had their guns out too but they were outnumbered by Lambordi and Silas's family's guards. Only King family was sitting calmly. A small smirk was playing on Gilbert's lips. He looked highly amused just like the rest of his family.

"Angelo! Take Leila out of here!" Carlo said loudly, his hardened eyes were not moving from Albert's fear covering face.

"HOW DARE YOU THINK OF MY SISTER LIKE THAT?!" Angelo faintly heard Luciano's yell as he led Leila outside. People oblivious to whatever happening was inside, were busy talking and laughing with each other.

"What's the matter?" Jordan came forward when he noticed Leila and Angelo stepped out of the meeting hall.

"The party's over. I'm taking Leila back home."

Jordan's brows furrowed at his words and he watched as Angelo led Leila outside who looked shaken up for some reason.

Few moments later, the door of the meeting hall kicked open. Jordan's stomach tightened when he noticed Xavier wiped the blood off his face. His brothers looked tense too but Luciano. He gripped a bloodied knife in his hand. A maniac grin covered his face that everyone was too familiar with.

Without a word, they stormed out from there. Next was King family who looked normal but next came Silas family.

Aurelio announced that the night was over and ordered everyone to leave. Jordan approached him.

"Where's Albert?" He asked concerned. Aurelio sighed and kept his arm around Jennet who looked off for some reason and just shook his head.

"See for yourself." Ace pointed his thumb inside. Jordan peeked inside the room once and immediately regretted it. He felt sick at the sight.

"Why?"

"That's what happens when someone keep their filthy eyes on the princess of Lambordi family." Adriano who was quiet from since the whole evening finally spoke.

Jordan without completely knowing the reason, still understand the situation and just nodded along.

****************

Leila felt a little relaxed when Angelo finally took her home. He made her take a seat on the couch in living room and made sure to not to release her hand.

"Someone bring water." Angelo called a little loudly. Immediately, Mia rushed to them with glasses filled with water. She avoided looking in Angelo's eyes and settled the tray in front of them before making her way back to the kitchen.

With his spare hand, Angelo picked up the glass and gave it in Leila's hand.

"Drink it."

Leila nodded as a small thank you and took few calming sips to cool down her nerves. She slowly took her hand out of his grip that she did not even notice at first.

She gently placed the glass back down and kept her eyes on her hands.

"C-can I a-ask something?" Leila asked quietly.

"What is it?" Angelo asked in a tone void of any emotions. Leila sighed.

"J-just because I'm the youngest member and the only girl in this family, will you all really marry me off to someone for a business deal?"

Today's incident well explained to Leila. Most of the people expect her brothers to make this decision one day. A marriage of convience or a marriage of a business deal. Leila didn't like the tone of it. It felt like she was raised properly for this day only.

"You are still a child, Leila." Angelo grunted.

"For you maybe. I'm 15 years old, turning 18 soon. I can't forever be a child." Leila stated her opinion.

"You are being annoying now. No matter if you turn 50 one day, you will still be a child for us." Angelo grunted again.

"Wait! Are you teasing me? I'm being scared-serious." Leila frowned while saying these words.

"Even if you are the only girl of this family and the youngest member, it doesn't mean we are stopping you from living your life in whatever way you want." Xavier's voice was heard.

Leila and Angelo both looked up. Their brothers were here.

"If you ever find someone appropriate enough to be called as your husband, I will be the one to personally arrange that wedding. I promise you that your marriage won't be a mere business deal."

With these words, Xavier went upstairs leaving the seven of his siblings to stare at his back in shock.