Chapter 18 (Anger)

Oliya gritted her teeth at the sight of Leila. It irked her to see her act so highly like she was above everyone else. She was bent on showing her 'her' real place and that's why she had planned something that would surely teach her a little lesson.

"I need to go." She smirked and made her way towards Leila's table. Julia and Bella looked at each other and shrugged. Oliya was acting strange nowadays.

Their eyes widened when they saw her stopping near Leila's table. She said something to her with a sickly sweet smile plastered on her face.

Julia and Bella blinked in surprise as Leila got up from the chair with a small, tired nod and followed her out of the cafeteria.

"W-what's going on?" Bella stuttered seeing this.

"I really don't have any idea." Julia said back.

"Should we follow them?"

"No! We shouldn't! I don't think the outcome of this will be great and I don't wanna get caught in crossfire." Julia answered back and cursed under her breath.

Where was Adriano today to protect Leila's back, the idea he always wordlessly claimed?

"I hope that this probably will be nothing. I would hate to see Oliya getting killed." No matter what Oliya does, she was still their bestfriend and they worry about her greatly.

"Are you sure that I was the right person to ask for help?" Leila asked quietly while motioning at the couple of books she was holding.

"Well yes actually. I got a text from Mr. Rob and he mentioned your name. You and I were both chosen to organise these books in the library." She again showed her the same text from their teacher.

Leila could only nod. They entered the library and Leila noticed how much dark it was there.

"Here pass me the books. Can you please turn on the lights?" Oliya asked her.

Leila nodded and handed her the books she was carrying. She turned her phone's flashlight on and searched for the main switch.

At the corner of the front wall, she found it. Her fingers inched forward to push the button, but as soon she touched it, she felt a large painful jolt of current passing through her whole body that sent her flying back.

Leila whimpered out, curling into a ball as her ribs made heavy impact with the floor. She could swear she heard something cracking.

"Oh no Leila!" Oliya smirked but cried out. She rushed to her and crouched down in front of her.

Leila was feeling dizzy and she was sweating profusely.

"I-I am fine." She croaked out with difficulty.

The pain was too intense.

"Should I call 911?" Oliya's voice showed concern.

Leila was finding it hard to breathe but she shook her head. She did not want to make this accident a big issue.

She would probably be fine after some rest.

"I-I feel alright." She said and tried to lift her body to sit but found out that she could not.

"J-j-just g-give me a m-minute." Her voice trembled badly.

Oliya really felt a small pity for Leila at this time but she shook her head to clear her thoughts. Pity on her? Never! She cursed herself inwardly and straightened up.

Leila managed to stand up on her own. She looked at her phone to notice that it was broken beyond repair and laying near Oliya's feet.

"C-can you please c-collect my phone?" She asked Oliya who nodded and bent down to grab it.