Epilogue

~1 month later~

"You look so hot, I could kiss you right now."

I laugh at Quinn's choice of words as I carefully walk down the stairs, making sure not to trip over my long dress.

It reaches the floor and I'm also wearing heals yet it still touches the floor so I'm trying my hardest not to trip down the stairs. It's a light blue sparkly dress, that's fitted nice and tight on my body. And again. It was not my choice. Quinn picked this out for me because she didn't like what I chose first. She said it wasn't suitable for a dance. Not that I'm complaining of course.

"You look so great," I tell her, taking in her appearance. Her short hair is curled beautifully and her pastel, purple dress matches her so well. We're wearing the same exact dresses but it's in different colours.

"I'm so excited, I can't wait," she squeals, linking her arm with mine as we leave the house and get inside the Uber.

If I were to be honest with myself, this month flied by so quick. Ever since that incident at the airport, I thought me and Aiden would have trouble adjusting to our new life. But we were doing pretty good.

We live with Braxton in his house and since he's over 18, the social workers allowed it. I've also applied to be the legal guardian of Aiden but it takes a few months to get processed. But it's okay because he was still allowed to stay with me and Braxton.

Aiden loves it. He loved the huge space and he's never been happier. I was so happy that the situation that happened a month ago didn't affect him as much as I thought it did. His social worker did suggest therapy lessons though so he went to those the first few weeks but he didn't need to go any longer. I was so proud of him. For a 12 year old boy, he was doing great.

He also enjoyed his surprise birthday party that Braxton threw him last week. I love the relationship that they had between the two. They just met and Aiden seems so comfortable with Braxton and it made me glad. They play football together in the garden and Braxton teaches him all the tactics that needed to be known while playing.

Dad got sent to prison for a very long time and we had a funeral for mom on that same week. It wasn't a huge funeral since I didn't have much relatives but my close ones came and it was still great. They said nice things, even Braxton and Quinn. Even though he only met her like once or twice, it was still lovely. I did try not to cry but I couldn't help it, I miss her so much. She should have been here with us. But she would have been proud of us getting ourselves out of the situation.

We were doing pretty good if I do say so myself. I got me and Aiden out of the mess and I couldn't have asked for anything better. We were finally happy.

"We're here!" Quinn squeals at my side, breaking me from my thoughts.

She opens the door and we get out of the car, making our way to the entrance area.

"Oh my gosh I spot Bobby," Quinn says as we wait outside for the boys. "He looks so damn fine."

I giggle. "Maybe try saying that to him."

"No freaking way, I could never." She laughs. "And I see both your man's coming this way.

I turn around to where she's looking at and she was right. I see both Parker and Braxton. Parker spots me and was walking straight for me but then Braxton nudges past him and gets to me first. This boy.

"You look. Beautiful," he says, looking down at my figure. I giggle at the way he said it. "Thank you, you look great as well."