Chapter 37:

"So I was thinking of taking you out this evening." Braxton tells me as we were walking out of class together.

"Really? Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Well it wouldn't be a surprise if I told you."

"You gotta stop with the surprise dates."

"You love them don't even lie."

"Hm." I narrow my eyes at him.

"You're so cute," he chuckles, giving me a kiss on the side of my head.

As we're making our way inside I suddenly remember that I'm not free because I had that study thing with Parker. Oh shucks.

"Gosh I forgot, I'm not free tonight. Maybe we can go tomorrow?" I tell him as nicely as I could.

He turns his face towards me, a grin on his face. "You're not free? Since when did you have plans?"

"It was a last minute thing but erm I'm helping out a friend with something."

"Oh right okay. Tomorrows okay then."

I pause. "You're not going to ask me any more questions?"

"No, I trust you." And then he kisses me on my lips and walks off to his next class.

Guilt begins to wash in. Oh goodness. I can't do this. I can't lie. Even if it was a small white lie, I can't keep this from him, what was I thinking.

I quickly look up to see if he was still there but he disappeared. Great. Okay I'll tell him when school finishes.

*-*

Class just ended and I'm quickly making my way outside of school, looking for Braxton but I don't see him. But I do see Parker though.

He's waiting near the gates, maybe for me but I need to find Braxton first. He was about to see me but I quickly hide behind a group of friends. One of the girls noticed me and had a confused look on her face. "Sorry," I whisper and quickly speed walk to the carpark.

I look around and I notice Braxtons car was still here so I walk over to it. If his car is still here then he's still here.

I wait around for a few more minutes, looking around and then I find Braxton, walking over here. He notices me, a smile forming on his face. "Hey you," he says, wrapping his hands around me. "Thought you had plans?"

"Yeah erm about that, I wanted to tell you something."

"What is it?" He says, his smile still up.

"It's erm Parker."

"What?"

"The friend I'm helping. It's Parker."

And there goes the smile. His eyebrows furrow and he has a very angry expression on his face.

"It's just a study session. I'm helping him out with English and since I'm really good at it, he asked from me."

"Couldn't he find anyone else."

"It was last minute and he found me and brought it up so."

"Do you have to go?"

"I did try to say no but I said yes already."

He lets out a sigh. "Address?"

"What?" I say confused.

"Address and time."

"Erm, the cafe at where I work and erm." I look down at my watch and see that it's 4.20pm. "About now."

"Okay. Have fun," he then says, kissing my lips.