Chapter 35:

We arrive at his house as we pull up on the driveway.

He gets out and then comes to my side, opening the door and then we walk inside.

"You want something to eat?" He asks as he heads into the kitchen.

"Water is fine."

He then grabs a water bottle from the fridge and then we head upstairs, making our way to his bedroom.

He takes a seat on the bed and then ushers me to follow, and sit on his lap as we lay down.

It's quiet for some time as we lay like that until Braxton speaks up. "I didn't cheat on you. If that's what you were thinking."

"You didn't?"

"No of course not. I wouldn't do that to you Cello. I know how it looks without the context but I wouldn't do that to you I swear," he says as he looks at me so sincerely. I give him a nod, believing him.

"We only hooked up a few times before you and I even happened but when I kissed you for the first time a couple of months ago, I ended things with her."

"Even if we weren't together, we were getting so close and I liked it so I ended things with Bianca and never spoke to her again."

I'm quiet for a bit to process all of this.

"I want you," he then says.

"But what about-"

"Not her. Only you."

I turn red but then he places his lips on mine.

"So then how is she-" I begin to say when I pull away.

"Pregnant? She's fucking not," Braxton interrupts.

"What?"

"Yeah I made a few calls and spoke to some of her friends and then I came up with a conclusion."

"Which is?"

"That she's not pregnant. Well at least not with my kid, it couldn't be. We stopped sleeping together 5 months ago and she claims to only be 8 weeks. 8 weeks is 2 months but I haven't gone anywhere near her in 2 months because I've been with you the whole time."

"Oh my gosh."

"Exactly. It's not mine but some other dude that knocked her up."

"Is that what you wanted to talk about at the party."

"Yeah but you panicked and then stuff happened and yeah it got too chaotic."

"I'm sorry I didn't want to listen."

"Don't apologise, you didn't do anything wrong, it was just a misunderstanding."

"Why would she lie about something like this?" I then ask him.

"I've no idea. Maybe to trap me? She's a bitch. She's obsessed with me and she couldn't take the hint."

I let out a sigh. "I'm glad it was just a misunderstanding, seriously I'm so glad I don't know what I would have done if it wasnt."

"I would never do that to you Adalee I swear."

"Pinky swear."

"Pinky swear?"

"Yeah you get your pinky finger out and I get mine and then we wrap it around each other and then you promise," I explain to him, putting our pinkies together.

"Okay then I pinky swear."

I give him a huge smile.

"You've completely changed me into this whole new person Cello," he then begins.