Chapter 14:

We're driving somewhere now but I don't know where we're going. "Where are we going?" I ask him.

"Like you said. To talk," he says.

"Didn't know we needed to be at a specific somewhere to talk. The car would have been fine," I say back. But he stays silent.

Some time went by and I see us pulling up at some sort of diner. It wasn't fancy, but it was small and cute.

I take off my seatbelt and try getting out but then I see Braxton already at my side, opening the door and holding my hand as I get out the car. My face turns red at that.

He goes in first and I thought he was going to hold the door open for me but then it closes behind him and I bump into it.

Braxton seems to have heard the loud thud as he curses and turns back around, opening the door again.

"What are you doing, I thought you were behind me," he tells me irritated.

"Excuse me sir but I thought you were going to open the door. So much for manners," I tell him while holding my head.

"Does it hurt," he asks me, reaching for my head but I whack his hand away. "Go away," I tell him, sticking my tongue out and then I walk to a table right at the back.

I sit down and then he sits in front of me. "Are you hungry," he asks me.

"No I'm okay, I don't have money on me anyways," I tell him.

"I didn't ask if you had money, I asked if you were hungry," he says.

I turn red. "Oh I erm well maybe a little bit but I don't need you getting anything," I tell him.

He then brings a waiter at our table and asks for two dishes of what he chose.

I lean closer to him, giving him a very huge smile which he just pushes my face back to my seat. Okay then.

Our food came and we started eating. I of course couldn't eat right for some reason and ended up getting mash stuck on my cheek.

"Your an absolute child you know that right," Braxton tells me while also getting a napkin and cleaning my face.

"Why don't you try to eat with one hand and see how you like it," I say, narrowing my eyes at him.

"What did you want to talk about?" He asks me.

"Why are you ignoring me?"

"I'm not ignoring you."

"Yes you are," I tell him.

"Your the one that hasn't come to school for 2 weeks," he says back.

"Does that mean you can ignore me when I come back?"

He's silent now.

"Did I do something wrong?" I ask him.

"Not it's not you. You didn't do anything," he tells me.

"Then what is it?"

"I've just been angry with myself. For letting that happen to you," he says.

"But you didn't do anything," I tell him.

"If I didn't leave you to go beat that fucker up, you wouldn't have fell," he says.

"That's kind of my fault, I did move when you told me not to move."

"But you were in shock so obviously you weren't going to be aware of what I said," he says raising his voice a little.

I see that his hands were formed into a fist yet again. This guy and his fist.

I reach over the table to put my hand on top of his. "It's okay Braxton, just forget it now, it's happened," I tell him.

He seems to be quiet now because he's just staring at our hands on the table. I feel his hand relaxing now which was good.

"I wanted to thank you," I tell him. "I didn't get to do it at the hospital so I'm saying it now. So thank you."

He nods his head at me, still looking at our hands touching on the table. I furrow my eyebrows. Does he not want me to do that?

I move my hand away but then I get a scowl from him which makes me quickly put my hand back on his. His face goes back to normal and I laugh at that. He's so cute.

"Are we on a date?" I blurt out.

He then freezes and looks up. "No."

"It looks like we are," I tell him.

"It's not a date."

"What does a date look like then because this ticks all the boxes," I tell him, raising my eyebrows.

I swear I saw a little smirk. Like the tiniest ever.

"I should get going then," I begin to say, getting up from my seat. I look at my watch and it's 6.20 pm.

"I'll drive you back," he tells me.

"I can walk it's no worries," I say while walking out the diner. But then I halt. Wait why did I say that, I have no idea where I am.

"On second thought," I say, turning around and going back to him. "You can drive me. I don't really know where we are," I tell him sheepishly.

We go to his car and he opens the door for me. I get in and I was reaching for the seatbelt but he gets it first and puts it on me.

His face comes into contact with mine when he does that and it was very close. He seems to have noticed because he then looked up at me, our faces still inches apart. Well this is nice.

He then moves away, closes the door and goes to his side. He asks me what my address was and I told him.

The car ride home was very silent. But it wasn't the awkward silent, it was kind of peaceful.

I got bored real quick though so I reached to turn the radio on but then he slapped my hand away.

"Hey what was that for?" I ask him. But he doesn't say anything. I reach for the radio again and turn on some music. He seemed to have ignored it this time. See, I don't take no for an answer.

We pull up outside my house and I take off my seatbelt. "Thanks for the lift Braxty," I tell him.

"Do not. Call me that," he grits out, also coming out of his seat and coming to my side. 

"Okay," I tell him when he opens my door.

"Braxty."

I let out a small laugh, before quickly walking off so he doesn't get to say anything.

I come inside and I make my way to the guest room. "Hey mom," I tell her when I see her. She gives me a weak smile.

"How are you feeling, do you think your better today," I ask her softly while sitting on her bed. I look at her water tank which looks to be running out so I quickly get a jug and fill it up.

"Do you need me to do anything?" I ask her. She shaked her head. "I'm going to make us some dinner then," I tell her before going to the kitchen.

I hear a notification ring from my phone and I get it out. I then see a message from 'unknown'. That's strange. I click on the message.

Unknown

- How's your arm

- Er whose this?

- Wdym whose this

- Stranger danger alert!!

And with that I block the person. Very strange.