Journey

Sarah woke, her mind groggy, and her body still tired. She remember last night, and sat up slowly, grabbing the pendant around her neck. She thought about the strange things that had happened. And the Goblin King..........she should hate him for what he did to her, but she found herself incapable of doing so. She decided she just wasn't going to tell him, and pretend that she was. She didn't understand these feelings she was having, and they were confusing her. She had never felt this way in her entire life, and it felt so odd, but so normal at the same time. She wanted to fight it, to push it away, but it was slowly creeping up on her, and everytime it did, it felt like a little piece of her child self would slip away. Then she realized something............

She was growing up.

                                 ~~~

Jareth ordered the servant Goblins around, prepping the table for Sarah's arrival for breakfast, and also had a secret team go out to the stalls and have them ready the carriage for their journey to his kingdom. He began to pace the floor, feeling nervous. He felt as though his entire life was riding on this journey, which, in all honesty, it did. He thought about all the things that could possibly go wrong, taking precautions to make sure everything went as planned. Everything had to be just right..........

The Goblins suddenly stopped working, and looked towards the door. Jareth followed their gaze, and saw Sarah standing in the doorway to the dining hall. She was wearing a pale yellow dress, with red flowers sewn into it. It flared at the bottom, making it look more like a ball gown. The part that distracted him the most was the plummeting cleavage line. He had to make himself look away before she caught him staring.

She cleared her throat, looking irritated. "What have I done to make the Goblin King grace me with his presence at meal time?"

He smiled. She had such fire in her spirit, and he liked it very much.

"Well, why don't you sit down, and let me tell you." He offered.

She gave him an unsure look, then strode towards the table, and picked one of the many chairs at the elaborate table to sit at. Jareth hurried forward to pull out her chair, and she thanked him before sitting. He then took a seat across the table from her so they could be face-to-face. He ordered the Goblins to bring out their food, and Sarah didn't hesitate before digging into her eggs. He smiled again, and began eating his as well.

"So," Sarah said around a mouthful. "What were you going to tell me?"

His finished his bite before answering. "Well, today, I am preparing for the journey to my kingdom."

Sarah looked as though she had completely forgotten. "Oh. When are we leaving?"

"Tomorrow morning." He said nonchalant.

Sarah looked at the table with a frown, before looking at Jareth again. "Will my friends be coming?"

He shook his head. "No, Sarah. In my kingdom, there are no such creatures, so they are looked down upon."

"What?! There are no magical creatures?"

"No. My kind is very proper, and their laws are to be obeyed with the utmost importance. It will just be you and I traveling there, Sarah."

Sarah tapped her fork on the table. "How long will it take us to get there? And how long are we going to stay?"

"It will take us a week to get there, and we will be there for roughly the same time. The coucil is very slow when it comes to decision making."

If she was slightly upset before, she was most definitely outraged now.

"A week?! It takes you that long to teleport us there?"

Jareth couldn't help himself, and started to laugh uncontrollably.

Sarah sat back, confused. "What's so funny?"

Jareth calmed himself down before speaking. "I can't teleport us there. We have to go in a carriage. You see, when my kind banished me here, they not only cursed me with an eternity in this place, but also put limits to my magic. To use that much, would cost me my life."

Sarah looked shocked, and stared at him dubfouded. "Oh. I didn't......"

"That's because I didn't tell you, Love."

Her eyes narrowed at her new found nickname. She was very stubborn, but so was he.

"Well, I guess I need to start packing my things for the journey. If you will excuse me."

Sarah got up from the table, leaving her food there hardly eaten. Jareth watched her go, smiling to himself. Oh she is perfect.

He sat by himself and finished his breakfast, before going to get some of his packing done as well.

                                ~~~

Today was the day, and Sarah found herself fidgeting, nervously. She didn't know what to expect, and to travel the whole week with just the Goblin King.......She brushed off the thought, and paid attention to where she was going. She had managed to memorize where the stable was, which she didn't think there was one in the first place. All her luggage had been loaded onto the carriage, and so all it was waiting for was her.

When she arrived, she walked through the gray stables to a small stone flat. On it was the most beautiful carriage Sarah had ever seen. It was white wood, with silver trim. Intricate designs were carved, and formed into it. It was in the shape of an oval, with large, metal wheels. The door on the side had a small step attached to the bottom, and a window at the top of the door.

Sarah marveled at it, and was startled when something touched her shoulder. Sarah turned to glare at the Goblin King, but found him to be smiling. Its going to be very hard to stay mad at him if he keeps smiling like that.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

Sarah looked back at the castle, then the carriage, then back to the Goblin King. "I'm ready."

He offered her his arm, and she took it. "Then we're off. The Journey awaits."

Sarah almost giggled at his theatrics, but held it in, and managed to look annoyed. They reached the carriage, and the door swung open all on its own, and the Goblin King motioned for her to go forward. She eyed it, then took a step up, and into it, sitting on the right side. Sarah found it rather roomy, and spacious. A moment later, the Goblin King joined her, and the black horses at the front of the carriage began to walk. Sarah looked out the small window at the castle, missing her friends already. Oh, this is going to be a very long journey.