Confrontation

Jareth waited. For days. Sarah had been gone for almost a week, and he was starting to worry. He hoped that the assassin had not harmed her, and if he did.......

The cell door opened, and Ijat walked in. They shared a knowing look, and Ijat shook his head slightly, letting him know she had not returned. His Sarah, oh how much he missed her already. Since they had left the Labyrinth, she had changed so much, and so had he. He wanted nothing more than to return home, and spend the rest of his life with her.

"Come, Qi'udelan, its the last day of court." Ijat's said firmly, but Jareth could hear the underlining tone of sympathy.

He marched out of the cell, guards surrounding him on all sides, as he was lead to his end. The big court room doors were pushed open, and from the judges seat, his brother smiled sinisterly.

"Let the court be adjourned." The King spoke, and the room went quite. "We know not of lady Sarah's whereabouts, and the jury will wait no longer. If Sarah will not decide Jareth's fate, then the court will."

The room erupted in shouts, and violent cries. He heard them shout, "Kill him!" "String up!" "Burn him!", and he shuddered. The king looked at him solemnly, playing the part of a sympathetic brother.

"I'm sorry to have to do this, but you leave me no choice." He looked at his subjects. "Jareth Duheran, for the crimes committed against the crown, and against my family, I hereby sentence you-"

"Stop!"

Jareth turned with wide eyes, and saw Sarah standing in the great doorway, two men standing behind her. She glared up at the king, and came to stand by Jareth.

"Ah," The king sat back in his chair, a look of dissatisfaction on his face. "Lady Sarah, how nice of you to join us again. Might I ask where you've been?"

Sarah turned to look at one of the men behind her, and the short man with a scar across his face stepped forward next to Sarah. The king's face paled, and Jareth smirked. He'd been caught red handed.

"Lady Sarah came to find me, your majesty." The man spat.

The king stared daggers into the mans face, warning him not to say anything, but the assassin ignored him. Sarah clung to Jareth, and he smiled down at her.

"I have come to testify.....against you, my Lord." He said, inching closer to the judge seat.

The kings knuckles went white. "Whatever for?" He ground his teeth.

"For the death of your father." He said simply.

The king put his hand up. "Enough!" He shouted. "You have no right-"

"My Lord," A man with long, red hair stood up from the croud. "If he has evidence to prove Jareth's innocence, he has every right to speak."

"I am the king! And-" The king stood, his faced blazed with fury.

"And you killed your father." The assassin interjected.

The court room gasped, and the king's eyes went wide.

"It is true. And I can prove it." Ijat said, and came up next to the assassin. He pulled his sleeve back, revealing the scryl of silence. "The king forced me to hire this assassin, and have king Paite murdered, and Jareth's memory erased."

Jareth's heart fluttered in his chest, as the feeling of relief washed over him. He hadn't killed his father.

"The king had me banished from the kingdom, to the outskirts. But then Lady Sarah found me." The assassin said, looking at Sarah, and she nodded.

Jareth looked down at Sarah, pride swelling up in his chest. She smiled sweetly at him. But, the whole room went quite when the king began to laugh.

"Fools." He spat. "Did you think this would stop me? No. My brother will die."

Jareth stepped in front of Sarah, and the assassin, and Ijat pulled their weapons out.

"You will not stop me!" The king rose from his seat, and into the air, his eyes glowing red, as the room darkened.

"Sarah hold on!" Jareth grabbed her, and the two men in front of him, and they suddenly warped from the room as he used his magic.

They all fell in heeps on the cobblestones of the goblin city, and Jareth stood, grabbing Sarah's hand, and called after them.

"Come on! He'll follow us here! We must hurry!"

They ran through the streets, and into the castle. When they reached the throne room, all four stopped when they heard the sounds of destruction. Jareth looked through the window, bright red lights flared up inside the Labyrinth, and walls came tumbling down. Jareth turned to Sarah, fear in his eyes, as he gripped her upper arm.

"Sarah, you must go to the garden. I will hold my brother off as long as I can."

"No! I will not leave you!" She shouted above the noise.

Jareth pulled her closer, his forehead touching hers. "I love you, Sarah."

She grabbed his face, tears spilling from her eyes. "I love you too."

He pulled her in, and they shared a passionate kiss. He clung to her like she was his last breath, and she held fist fulls of his hair, and shirt. They pulled away, out of breath, as they stared into each others eyes.

"Go." He whispered, but she didn't move.

There was a loud bang, and stones, and dirt flung into the throne room. Jareth shoved Sarah away.

"Go, Sarah!" He shouted.

She looked at him one more time, then turned, and ran down the hallway. Goodbye, Sarah.