Sentence

"You're a prisoner here?" Sarah was completely taken back.

The Goblin King nodded. "For a very long time now."

"How long is a long time?"

The Goblin King's face became dark. "Human years, or Labyrinth years?"

Sarah decided she did not want to know.

The Goblin King took her silence as an avenue to continue his explanation. "As I was saying, I am a prisoner here, and as a prisoner, I have superiors, people who I answer to." His gloved hand tightened into a ball. "I was condemned to this fate ages ago, to be hated by all in this wasteland. I was forced to be a King, which at first didn't seem so bad, but when I found out I would be King of a place so......unbecoming, I would have agreed to be locked away in a cell. But, I wasn't. Instead, I was made the laughing stock of my kingdom, and thrown out here to build my empire from the ground up. Now, every time a child is whished away to my realm, I am to report back to my superiors. But only this time, they have requested that I report back to them in person."

Sarah pondered his words, feeling a small amount of pity for him, then remembering that he had dragged her down with him.

"And why is that such a big deal?" Sarah retorted.

The Goblin King gave her an incredulous look. "Because, every time I win, I am suppose to turn the wished away child into a Goblin."

Sarah was slowly beginning to understand.

"And if I take you there in person, and they find out that I haven't changed you, or worse, that you aren't the wished away child at all, I will be risking the complete destruction of my Kingdom. As much as I hate it, and all its subjects, it is still mine."

"And so, what are you going to do?" Sarah asked slowly, fully understanding the problem at hand.

The Goblin King sighed. "There is nothing I can do. If I turn you into a Goblin, I can never change you back, and I won't have that. I can't leave you here, and I can't bring another Goblin in your place cause they will know I am lying."

"How will they know you are lying?" Sarah questioned.

The Goblin King waved his hand dismissively. "They keep every Goblin I have on record."

Sarah nodded. What could they do? Sarah thought hard on this for a long silent moment, as did the Goblin King.

He suddenly interrupted her thoughts with a startling statement.

"Sarah?"

She looked up at his face, his brows pulled together in a frown as he looked at the table.

"What if I told you there was something that might help, actually the only thing that can help right now." He said carefully.

Sarah's eyes narrowed at the crazy haired man across from her. She got a weird feeling about his behavior, but decided to ignore it.

"And what might that be?" Sarah asked, almost annoyed.

The Goblin King touched a gloved finger to his lips, looking straight at her. "There is a ceremony.......it is very sacred to my people. If you are willing, it might help dissuade them from condemning my Kingdom."

Sarah still don't get a very good feeling about the idea.

Sarah sighed. "I guess I don't have another choice now do I?"

The Goblin King only stared at her expectantly.

"Oh........alright. I'll do it." Sarah gave in.

"Alright then. Its settled." The Goblin King stood up and began to walk away.

Sarah hurriedly jumped up, and followed after.

"Hey wait!" She called, but he did not stop.

She caught up with him, and keeped in sync with his stride. "What exactly is the ceremony?"

He replied without looking at her. "You will find out when it happens."

Sarah frowned at him. "Well, how will I know you're not going to just trick me again?"

He turned to face her, leaning down slightly. Sarah screeched to a hault, and looked up at him in surprise.

"Well I guess you are just going to have to trust me now won't you Sarah?" He smirked.

And then he was gone in a plume of smoke, glitter fluttering to the ground. Sarah fumed, but decided to let it go.

Sarah made her way back through the garden to the entrance, and left the same way she had came in, stopping to say goodbye to Margi. Sarah almost screamed, and fell over - AGAIN - when she discovered that the little fuzzy Goblin from her room was still there.

Sarah gave him a dirty look. "What were you thinking?! I could have squashed you!"

I looked down at the ground, shamed like the first time she had met him.

Sarah sighed at his innocence. "Why are you still here? It's had to of been a couple hours since I left."

"My King ordered me to wait here til you got back." He said shyly.

Sarah huffed. She would have to talk to him about that later. She didn't like the idea of Goblin waiting on her beck and call.

"Well, since you're here, where's the kitchen? I'm starving."

The little Goblin smiled, and turned to lead the way.

                               ~~~

Hey guys, thanks for reading once again. Don't forget to vote and comment!:)

So, I'm in need of your help. I need song lyrics(preferably a love song). If you have any ideas, I would love hear them. Thanks!