Ceremony

Sarah was sitting on a giant tree swing that swung over a cliff, and then back again. She took a deep breath as the feeling made her feel alive, and she took in the vivid colors. The sky was painted with the oranges, pinks, and purples of the sunset. She looked over at the great oak tree from who's branch she swung, its trunk like the bundles of muscles on the human body.

"Sarah."

It was a soft whisper in her ear, and in the back of her mind somewhere, buried deep within her subconscious was that spark. That strange new feeling she had felt when she had kissed........him.

"Sarah."

She recognized the voice now, and turned to see him standing on the ledge, next to the great tree. He wore a simple poofy, ebony colored shirt, with black tights, and boots. Sarah suddenly came back full force, barreling towards him, but at the last second, when it seemed that she would crash into him, she slowed, and fell softly into his arms.............

~~~

"Sarah." A voice whispered in her ear, sending strange shivers over her skin.

Sarah pulled the arms that were wrapped around her tighter, still caught up in her dream state.

"Sarah, as much I would like to stay here, you need to get up."

Sarah suddenly came to her senses, recognizing the sarcastically devilish voice whispering so close to her ear, with his arms wrapped around her.........

Sarah flung herself out of the bed, ripping the arms away from her as she did, and turned to see the Goblin King laying on her bed smirking, while his eyes trailed too far away from her eyes as he took in her small night gown.

"What are you doing?!" Sarah hissed loudly, and looked towards her window. "And in the middle of the night." Then she looked at the Goblin Kings clothes. "And dressed like that?"

He looked down at himself, then back up at her with a frown. "What's wrong with the way I'm dressed?"

He was wearing his simple poofy white shirt under a elegantly designed tan leather vest, and a magnificent black cape. He looked like he was going to be attending a royal ball.

"And I'm here because its time for you to get ready for the ceremony." The Goblin King explained, as he stood from her bed. Sarah noticed gold shimmering streaks in his hair, dancing off the moonlight.

"Tonight?" Sarah whined.

The Goblin King stopped in front her her, smirking again. "Yes. Tonight."

She pouted, but sighed in defeat. Let's just get this over with.

"Your clothes are in the washroom. Meet me in the throne room when you're ready."

Sarah gasped when he snaked an arm around her waist, and pulled her to him, planting a kiss on her cheek. He pulled back and smiled at her, his mismatched eyes sparkling with amusement.

"Hurry Love." He said quietly, then turned and walked out the door.

Sarah sighed reluctantly, and walked over to the bathroom. It had been almost a week since she had lost to the Goblin King. She saw her friends often, and would sometimes go see Margi in the Goblin Kings strange garden. She then tried to familiarize herself with the castle, with some help from LiTee, but didn't end up memorizing much.

Draped over the counter, closest to the door, was a silver dress, and a tiny white box on top. Sarah lifted the dress off the counter, and gazed at it. It was so light, she could hardly tell she was holding it. The fabric was the softest, and silkiest material Sarah had ever felt in her entire life. It shimmered and flowed, looking almost as if the dress was made from liquid silver. Down at the bottom starting from the hem, were tree designs, with tiny silver sequins sewn into them. The sleeves flared out at the ends, making them longer on the inside than the outside.