Chapter Two: You're Hurting Me

Mabel walked up the stairs and opened the door to the room in the attic, the same room that she and her twin brother shared the last summer they had been in Gravity Falls, back when they were but children.

The female twin was extremely happy to be back, despite the horrible, unearthly things that she and her brother had gone through when they were twelve. What she was happy with was being able to once again see everyone that she hasn't heard from in eight hears. And she had spent so long talking to Soos about everything and everything that she had lost track of the time- it was now around 11:30 PM, which meant it was time to sleep.

When Mabel opened the door to the room she gasped at what she saw. Dipper was sprawled out on his bed in an uncomfortable position, his eyes half-opened but glazed, and drooling at a horrible rate. There was a puddle of saliva at the spot on the bed next to his head. The female twin nearly vomited at the sight of him. His face was ghost white. It was awful, ghastly.

Mabel ran up to her twin brother and shook him violently, only to have him not responding to her at all.

"Dipper!" she screamed. "Are...are you dead?" Then she flung her head onto his chest and listened. His heart was still beating. The young woman sighed with relief. Then she lifted her head and waved her hand in front of her brother's face.

"Bro, please, wake up! What's wrong with you! Why are you so scared, so-" Then she stepped back. "I'm gonna go get Grunkle Stan," she said, and ran off quickly without another word, leaving her disfigured brother on the bed.

~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Dipper was having another nightmare, trapped in his own mind. But, despite being in a forest like his last one, this time he was by a beach, watching the waves lap the shore then go back again.

The young man watched the small waves go back and forth, back and forth for a few minutes before standing up and looking around. He knew that where he was wasn't Gravity Falls. Then his location suddenly hit him like a shot to the back of the head.

He was back in California. He sighed in relief and sat back down, glad his location was more friendly and welcoming. At least this place didn't have anything weird or-

Then Dipper heard the sound of a high-pitched laughter. It wasn't female. And it was loud and obnoxious and...it echoed. Oh no, Dipper thought, and started to feel sick. He knew who's laugh that was. It was the laugh of the demon who had tormented him the first time he had gone to Gravity Falls.

Bill Cipher.

The young man gripped his head and pulled on his hair. His headache was unbelievably horrible. His brain felt as if it were about to burst. He tried to stand, only to fall down onto his knees, screaming in pain.

B-Bill is doing this to me, he thought. It has to be Bill. Otherwise I wouldn't be in such pain. But...why is he doing this?

Then he heard Bill's voice. It only made his headache worsen, and he completely fell onto the ground, his face in the sand. He ignored the fact that the sand was going up his nose and into his mouth and continued to grip his head. Then he started to make out what Bill was saying to him.

"Listen, Pine Tree," said the demon.

Dipper was breathing heavily. He wanted to speak but there was sand in his mouth so he just thought instead. Leave...me...the hell...alone...

"I'm afraid that isn't gonna happen, kid. You're my victim now. I can do whatever I want to you."

Dipper groaned in the sand. Mabel please...wake me up...I need you...

"Yeah, Pine Tree," came Bill's voice, closer now. "Your sister isn't going to come to your rescue. As far as she's concerned, you're dead right now."

Dipper raised his face from the sand and starts screaming in pain and agony. Then tears fell from his eyes. "What did you do to me?" Tears slipped from his face and fell onto the sand, making it wet. "You're...you're hurting me," he said. "You're taking me away from everyone I care about! I hate you!" Then he stood up completely, ignoring the pain in his brain and mind. "Show yourself Cipher!" he shrieked, clenching his hands into fists.

Then he heard footsteps coming from behind him. He lifted his head, but didn't turn around.

Wait, that doesn't make sense...footsteps? But Bill's a freaking triangle! Dipper grabbed some sand in his hands and let them fall back down to the ground. He was breathing heavily. It felt like something was being held down on his chest, stopping him from breathing. He took a deep breath, but that didn't help much. He looked back up again and slowly turned his head so he could face whoever was behind him.

And then he felt someone grabbing him by his shirt, shaking him violently, brining him back into reality.

~~~~~~~~

Dipper awoke with a gasp, looking around in fear, his eyes wide. Then, realizing he was in his room in the attic, he looked at who had woken him. He stared at Grunkle Stan, who was still gripping his shirt tightly, looking at him with concern in his eyes. The two stared at each other for a moment before Stan released his shirt, smiling in relief.

Mabel ran up to her brother and hugged him. Dipper took a moment to realize what was happening, then hugged her back. When Mabel pulled away from the hug, she looked at him and smiled, crying.

"Are you okay?" she asked shakily, her hands and lips, basically her entire body, quivering in worry. Dipper nodded despite the nightmare he had just had with Bill in it.

Stan spoke next. "What was wrong with you, kid? You looked like you were suffocating."

That's because Bill is haunting me...he's...why? I have no idea why he's doing this to me. Dipper gripped his head as a new headache started all over again. And he heard a distant ringing in his ears. Stan reached out and touched the young man on his arm, suddenly snapping him out of it.

"What's wrong with you?" Stan asked in concern. He still held onto Dipper's arm.

Dipper quickly pulled it away and glared at him, feeling a sudden rush of anger build up inside. He didn't know where it came from, but he needed to let it out immediately. No matter who he let it out,

"Leave me alone," he spat, making Stan and Mabel move back in surprise. "I'm not a kid anymore. Who do you think I am? I'm grown! I can take care of myself! I don't need you trying to baby me all the time!" Then, realizing what he had said, he shut his mouth then put his hand over it. Mabel was crying. Stan was hugging her, then bring her out of the room, glaring at Dipper on the way out.

Dipper grabbed at pillow and screamed into it. Then he grabbed the third journal and threw it across the room, making it leave a dent in the wall. Then he grabbed at his hair again and bit his bottom lip.

Bill, what are you doing to me?