Leo Valdez

~Tanya Black's POV ~

"I was in math class - the most boring thing in the whole universe. Seeing as it wouldn't get any better I realized that looking through the window, thinking about life would be much more entertaining.

And that's where Ms. Fine came in. She was our beautiful yet really annoying math teacher that all boys had legitimate crushes on. She always liked playing with her bright yellow curls while waiting calmly for an answer. Her dresses were always a bit too short but I'm guessing that's what you get when you have a man for a principal.

Anyway, there she was now, in front me nodding her head in my direction.

"Um," I started as the awkward silence and all the other student's stares got a bit too much for me, "Can I help you?"

"Is whatever's happening outside more interesting to you?" She answered with a question.

"No, Miss I-"

"Good. Do you see that window?"

"Yes, Miss but I-"

"Okay, because that window isn't gonna help you in university but math will."

"I deeply apologize." I managed to say in between her words as polite as I could.

She turned around after giving me a nod and pointing to the board.

As I was about to copy the stuff she had written I saw him. His curly brown hair was as messy as it could get. Oh, and his eyes! His eyes were that weird and in the same time gorgeous dark brown. It reminded me of melting chocolate and I just couldn't resist the urge to look.

So, that's when our eyes met and a smile plastered across his face. He waved at me and I'm sure I blushed madly but he just kept grinning. And then I asked him for his name and we talked a little."

I took a deep breath after I finished my story and looked for my friend's reaction.

"And what's his name?" Annabeth asked.

I felt a little guilty for not recognizing she was here this whole time. But I just answered, "Leo. Leo Valdez."

"Leo?" Percy almost screamed.

"Leo Valdez," Annabeth stared at nothing in particular, "Yeah, it sounds familiar."

Percy looked at her in shock but it seemed like he received a hidden message from her words. So, he thought for a second too and I realized his tone has changed once he spoke.

"Oh, he was that one guy from our camp!"

"Oh, that's right!" The girl snapped her fingers in realization.

"The camp you were talking about earlier, Percy?" My brother asked.

"Yeah, the same one."

"We're going!" I looked at Tony with begging eyes.

"Okay, okay," He put his hands up in defeat and sighed, "I guess we are."

"Best brother ever!" I said. Maybe a little louder, "C'mon! I want you to meet my boyfriend!"

"Does he know he's your boyfriend?" My brother asked sarcasticly and I rolled my eyes.

"Does he have to?"

"I'm getting a deja vu. This has happened way too many times before."

I ignored him leading them towards my next class which was art. We were close to the cabinet when I spoke.

"There!" I beamed pointing at a figure by the door.

It seemed like the person heard me and he turned around.

"Leo!" I jumped up and down dragging Tony, Annabeth and Percy after me.

The addressed boy looked at our group and smiled, "Leo Valdez, nice to meet you."

"Tony Black."

"Percy Jackson."

"Annabeth Chase."

"You guys seem familiar," Leo looked at the couple, "Do I know you from somewhere?"

"We go to camp CHB. I think we've met there before." Annabeth answered nodding.

Leo snapped his fingers just like Annabeth earlier. "Gods, of course!"

Gods?!

"They'll be joining our camp." Percy added pointing towards me and Tony.

"Starting tomorrow?" Leo beamed turning towards me, "I'll be sure to show ya around, beautiful."

I'm sure I was blushing madly once again as he took me by my hand like we were an old couple. Then, he winked suggestively, "I can show you other things too."

"Save it, elf!" I heard my brother as he pushed Leo away, separating us.

I stroke him an angry glance, "Don't make me change my mind about the best brother ever from earlier."

"You're fourteen," He waved his index finger in front of my face, "I will not tolarate this!"

Percy and Annabeth laughed and Percy hugged her. I saw my brother frown a bit but it was probably just my imagination.

"Now, we have other classes to attend to," Tony stated messing my hair and waving a goodbye, "Bye, Sis!"

"Bye!" I waved too turning back to Leo, "Now, where were we?"

He grinned, "I was just about to show you some stuff."

We both laughed and headed towards our seats.