FACADE

For the last few days, I've been having these dreams about Symone. They felt so real, and I didn't want them to end.

In the dream, I'm a king, and Symone's my queen. Our love is so strong, undying, and I yearned to have that in real life.

When we made love in my dreams, it felt so real, I actually woke up with my semen on my underwear. And I swore I could smell her perfume. These dreams felt like a sign for us to be together again and gave me hope.

"Hello, Sir, right this way."

I followed the secretary into my attorney's office, then took a seat. We were going over my finances and assets. Since I didn't make Jalia sign a prenup, I had to see my options.

"Mr. Lawson, it's good to see you."

"Yes, likewise."

He moved the thick folder in front of him and read my options for alimony and child support after I divorced Jalia.

We haven't been married for more than a month or so. I'm hoping this process is quick and easy.

"Would you be willing to pay alimony?"

"Yes, for a limited amount of time."

"And child support?"

"Oh, absolutely. I want my son to be well taken care of."

I've been very distant from Jalia and haven't even kissed her since we've been married. I'm sure she notices something wrong, but she continues to act oblivious when I come home.

"Okay, I will draw the divorce decree up, and when do you want these sent to her?"

"Once I get settled into my place, I'll let you know."

We shook hands, and I left the office with my shoulders feeling lighter. My optimism was growing by the day.

I was told that Symone called her dad a few days ago to check on him. He's really been doing great since he's been talking to her.

My phone buzzed, and I pressed ignore, knowing it was Jalia. I was no longer putting on the facade of a happily married couple.

"Ah."

I accidentally bumped hard into a woman, which caused her to fall.

"Oh, I'm so sorry. Are you okay?"

She took my hand as I helped her up off the ground. The last thing I need is to be sued for assault.

"Y-Yeah, I'm good."

She didn't have any bruises or scuffs on her body, so that was a plus being she fell so hard.

"I'm really sorry."

"It's okay. We both weren't paying attention."

I noticed she was a pretty woman, but she didn't compare to Symone.

"Well, enjoy the rest of your day."

"You want her back, don't you?"

"Excuse me?"

"Your ex... you want her back."

I looked confused. "Do you know me?"

"I know enough. I think we could help each other."

"Um, lady, no thank you."

I walked away as goosebumps trailed throughout my body. That woman gave me the creeps, and now I'm wondering if I was being set up.

My car was a few feet away, and I hurried across the street.

BEEEEEEEP!!!!!!

Before I could react, the impact from a taxi cab sent my body flying onto the pavement. I heard screams and commotion around me, then silence.