DOUBT

It's been a couple of hours since my one night stand with Caine. I still can't believe I actually slept with him, but waking up with an achy body and sore vajay wouldn't let me forget.

When I returned home I was so exhausted, I fell asleep on the sofa. For the rest of the day, I planned on staying inside after showering.

The semi-hot water felt good on my body as the steam filled the bathroom.

Run...

That voice echoed in my mind. Flashbacks of being yanked back by my ponytail, sent chills down my spine. Something attacked me, and it wasn't human.

After getting out of the shower, I dressed and refreshed my hair. My eyes stared at my reflection. The heavy feeling that weighed on me about my family was gone. I didn't think it would go away so soon, but I'm thankful.

Mmm... I hear you, baby.

Caine's deep voice...I leaned on the bathroom sink, letting the lustful waves ripple in my abdomen. He truly left an impression on me with his words, attention, and pleasure.

I've never experienced sex that amazing before.

Run...

My body wanted to stay in post sexual bliss, but my mind kept reminding me of the fear that made my soul tremble. As much as I would love to see Caine again, I can't risk it.

I picked up my dirty clothes off my bedroom floor. The pocket of my hoodie is empty, and I panic.

"No, my license is gone!"

My teddy bear slippers and I went to search my car from top to bottom...nothing.

Can I make you cum before you go?

I sucked my teeth at myself.

"See Symone, that's what you get for being hot to trot. You should've had your beer then left but nooooo...you wanna follow a hot guy home and get your guts rearranged."

I chastised myself while accepting defeat. The motor vehicle department will be seeing me this week.

Taking my phone out of my purse, I see there was a text message from an unknown number.

I checked it, thinking it was a family member interceding on my parents behalf. My block game is strong.

Once opened, my body gasped.

You dropped this, baby.

Attached was a picture of my ID. I was happy and terrified.

"My driver's license...Caine, has it. How did he get my number?"

Instantly my heart beat increased. I'm happy not some random person has it and knows where I live but now Caine does.

This could save me money and from having to sit for hours in the motor vehicle department for a replacement.

I was a little afraid to be around him again. Not only did something attack me, Caine turned into a different being to save me.

He saved my life. But I'm still scared.

Thank you Caine. Can you mail it to me?

My shaky hands pressed send. His response was quick.

No.

My tantrum started. "Oh come on, Caine. Work with me."

I dare not text him that. My phone buzzed again.

I come to you or you come to me.

Fear of what I don't know about Caine kept my guard up. Desire from what I do know about him craved his presence.