CHAPTER 14

THIRD PERSON POV

Meanwhile at the Cleveland base she is doing some repairs to her ship due to the attack by the Sakura Empire, she had used a crane to raise the turret of her ship.

Cleveland: Up, Up, Up! Stop!

The crane stopped at Cleveland's order.

Cleveland: (Sigh) There are a lot of repairs to be done...

Sandy: WATASHI NO FUNEEEEEEEEEE!

At that moment Cleveland sees Sandy screaming and crying over her ship which is nearly sunk and being towed to dry docks for repairs.

Sandy: My shipeeeeeeeeeeee! Look what they did to my babyyyyy!

Cleveland: (Sigh) I wish we had a repair ship stationed at this base.

At that she looks at the new ships and sighs with envy since Izumo's fleet has no damage from the previous combat and they took the MVP in the anti-aircraft combat, then she sees Enterprise running here and there carrying canisters of paint to touch up the paint on her ship as it had some scratches all over its flight deck.

Cleveland: I guess she wants to avoid being scolded by Vestal, although I don't see any harm in her ship... that she wants to be someone super powerful.

Meanwhile, still almost near the base of Azur Lane, the 3 ships of the Sakura empire are sailing and now returning to their base, currently the two kitsunes are on board the IJN Akagi so that Akagi can heal Kaga's wounds, they are on the deck of aircraft carrier flight.

Kaga: Ouch.

Akagi: Come on, don't be a crybaby, it's just a little alcohol, hey Kaga, don't move too much because I can't treat your wounds.

Kaga: I'm so sorry sister, but it hurts like hell.

Akagi: Oh no, there's a cut on your beautiful face.

Kaga: They're just scratches, you shouldn't worry about that.

Akagi: Of course not, if it were a simple injury, you wouldn't be screaming in pain every time I touch you, besides... as a woman it would be a tragedy if you ended up with that ugly scar on your beautiful face. You should appreciate the body that god gave you. If something bad happened to you, I would be very sad.

Kaga: I'm sorry sister, I'm sorry for all the trouble I'm giving you.

Akagi: Don't worry, the older sister always takes care of the younger sister.

TINCK!

Just then Kaga hears a small metallic noise that makes them look in the direction of the noise and she sees with disgust Prinz Eugen, an Iron Blood heavy cruiser.

Kaga leaps high and puts herself on guard as she keeps her bloodlust at full power.

Kaga: Kisama.

Eugen: Ara, ~dear I hope not to interrupt a pleasant family moment~

Kaga: What are you doing here?

Eugen: ~Please Kaga, don't look at me with that expression full of bloodlust~ Did you forget that we are allies? Red Axis is made up of Sakura Empire and Iron Blood.

At that Eugen jumps and lands near Akagi in a very elegant way.

Eugen: Isn't that right Akagi?

Akagi: Of course, we are comrades pursuing the same ideal, we do everything for the victory of Red Axis.

Eugen: Ohh, I see... Very impressive how you controlled those siren ships, even though they were only mass production vessels. Is this another advance of your secret project?

Akagi: All this is the will of the heavens.

Eugen: (Eating a stick of dangos) But you have been a little cautious, you could well go and crush that base without problems--- ~Did it scare you that much that your sister suffered some scratches?~

Kaga gets offended at her because Eugen is making fun of her and she just starts eating a dango in a very sensual way. Kaga approaches to hit her, but is stopped by Akagi who stands in her way.

Akagi: Oh come on dear, where is the love in all that? They still need to be intimidated.

Eugen: I see...

Akagi: Besides, that ship cannot be underestimated.

Eugen: Eagle Union's USS Enterprise or also known as Gray Ghost, I agree she could be very troublesome.

Just then an incoming communication from Zuikaku arrives.

Zuikaku: [Sempai, I have found them, it is a separate fleet heading to Pearl Harbor.]

Kaga: It's just as Ayanami reported.

Akagi: In that case, why don't we bother them a little more? [Can you handle it? It may be immature, but it is not a difficult errand to perform.]

Zuikaku: (Uncomfortable) [Understood]

Akagi: Now I ask you, Prinz Eugen, famous Iron Blood warrior.

Kaga: The fifth division has found some enemies, there is no reason to let them go unpunished.

Akagi: I'm ashamed to admit it, but I worry a lot about my Kohai, if the Iron Blood forces were mobilized to help I would be calmer.

Eugen: (Gets up) Well, I guess...

She throws the dango stick and the stick sticks 2 CM from Kaga's left foot, this makes Kaga very angry.

Eugen: I'll take Z23 and your friend Ayanami.

Akagi: Yes, we would be honored to witness a demonstration of your strength...

TIME SKIP

Meanwhile at dusk Z23 meets with Ayanami, Ayanami on the other hand is very distracted looking at the horizon.

Z23: Ayanami.

Ayanami: (she notices Z23's presence) Nimi, what's wrong?

Z23: We have a mission, please you must follow us please.

Ayanami: Another fight?

Z23: Indeed, an enemy fleet is sailing close to our position and away from the enemy base, we will hit them before they return to the base.

Ayanami: (Thoughtful) The enemy...

Ayanami remembers all the acts that made Azur Lane and she has many doubts in her heart.

Ayanami: I don't like fighting, but I like it too.

Z23: Please don't be so selfish all of a sudden!

Ayanami: Z23, do you like to fight?

Z23: What we like or don't like is irrelevant, our duty is to execute our mission without asking... we are warships, we were born to fight.

Ayanami: Ayanami doesn't fully understand...

TO BE CONTINUE.............................................