CHAPTER 25

PLACE: HASTINAPUR PALACE

     As promised to Vrushali, Saagnika reached the palace before the sunrise after completing her mission.  Vrushali was waiting for her at the entrance.  Not only Vrushali, also the three musketeers, Bhanumathi, Gauri, Draupadi and Pandavas.  Vrushali was waiting with the aarti thali to welcome her.

     After getting down from Mallika (horse), Vasundhara stood in front of Vrushali and said "What is the need for all this aarti, Maa?  I didn't went  for any war.  Also, how do you know that I will come now?"  Vrushali said "I know that you didn't went to war but I also know that you went for some dangerous task.  I understood with the urgency in your voice.  You have come with the victory, then I should welcome you properly.  You promised that you will come before morning and you never break your promise,  Gudiya...."  Ashwatthama cutted off and said "And for your second question, she has been standing here for 1 and half hour."

     Vasundhara turned towards Vrushali and narrowed her eyes "Maa, don't you think about your health?  You being healthy and fine is the best welcome for me.  Don't you know this is the winter season?  Why are you careless like this?"  Saying this Dhara removed the shawl which she was wearing and wrapped around Vrushali on the shawl which she was already wearing.  Draupadi was sad that her daughter didn't even ask about her nor glanced at her.  Pandavas are no different from Draupadi.

    After the welcoming ceremony, everyone went inside.  One week passed, peacefully.  Today is the day where Kauravas and Pandavas has to start their punishment.  Everyone are standing in the entrance of the palace to bid their farewell to the Kuru Rajkumars.  Panchabhootham was with their families.  Saagnika said "Suyo, I will not be here in Hastinapur for this one month of your punishment.  We will be in Anga."  Suyodhan nodded his head understanding that his Zaara is still not ready to face Drupadkanya and Panduputros.

     All Kuru Rajkumars started their journey except Vikarna and Yuyutsu.  When Saagnika said about her decision for going to Anga, everyone were okay with it as it was normal for them.  But Draupadi became gloomy that she might not meet her daughter again.  But she knows that she cannot stop Saagnika.  So, she let her be.  Madhav also said that he is returning to Dwarka.  He also departed from Hastinapur.

After one month,

     Every Kuru Rajkumar had come to their home after the punishment.  Saagnika and her family also arrived.  Ashwatthama and his family also arrived.  Suyodhan once again apologized to Draupadi.  She also accepted it.  When the questioned arised who will be the king, it was said that will be announced after a week.  Everyone retired to their chamber to spend time with their family.  While Saagnika was speaking with Mahamahim about something, the three musketeers with their family went towards the common room to spend time with each other.  Saagnika informed that she will join after speaking with Mahamahim.  They nodded at her and left the Sabha.

     After finishing the talk with Mahamahim, Saagnika was walking in the corridor towards the direction of the common chamber.  "Saagnika" Vasundhara halted in her place hearing the voice and turned around to see Draupadi and Pandavas.  She stood in her place while they came near her.  Out of curtesy, she greeted them and asked "Do you need anything, Samragyi?"  Draupadi gulped and spoke "We would like to speak to you alone." "May I know about what do you want to speak, Samragyi"  This time, Yuddhishtir answered "We would like to apologize to you"  Saagnika understood that they want to speak to her about the past.  She also knows that she should face them and complete her past chapter once and for all.  She answered "I understand, Samrat.  But can we speak about this at night in the west garden.  I would like to spend time with my Kaka Suyo and my family for now."  Sahadev said with a hint of pain in his voice "We are also your family, Saagnika."  Saagnika gave tight lipped smile and said "You people were my family.  I will come to meet you at night in the west garden.  I will answer and clarify your every question and doubts to my knowledge.  Pranipat."  Saying this she turned around left the corridor.

     Pandavas and Draupadi had a painful expression in their face.  Draupadi has tears in her eyes.  Bheem kept his hand in her shoulder and gave a comforting squeeze as an assurance.  Yuddishtir said "Don't worry, Kalyani.  Everything will end well.  We waited and searched her for 7 years.  Let's just wait for the night."  Draupadi nodded her head and gave a small smile.

To be Continued....

Hello Everyone,

     I was having some issues with the storyline.  that's why I was not able to update.  I have solved the issue for now.  I know that I cannot keep my promise on updates.  so, I will give updates when I am free.  Kindly support by voting my story.  I would like to know your opinions on the chapters and story in the comment sections.  Spoilers:  Next chapters will be about the confessions and some past incidents.

Yours Lovingly,   

Author MAYAVATHI.