CHAPTER 8

PLACE: HASTINAPUR TEMPLE

Pandavas and Draupadi Situation

Before coming for the lunch

    After the Sabha, Pandavas and Draupadi went to meet their mother Kunti.  They got to know from the soldiers that she has been in temple from morning.  They went to the Shivan temple and saw their mother in a sitting position praying to Mahadev.  Tears welled up in their eyes for seeing their mother after years.  They first paid respect to Umapathi and turned towards their mother.

    "Mata, we have come back." exclaimed Nakul.  Hearing her 4th son voice, she opened her eyes and turned towards them.  Kunti was elated to see her sons and daughter-in-law after years and gave a happy teary smile.  "Putro, putri, won't you come near your mother?" questioned Kunti.  Hearing her asking this, everyone rushed towards her and made a group hug.  They just soaked in the warmth of their mother whom they terribly missed these years.  kunti thought seeing Umapathi "Hey Prabhu, keep my family safe and happy.  They had endured a lot in their life.  Give them a peaceful life hereafter."

    After parting from the hug, Kunti beckoned everyone to sit in the temple and have a talk.  She asked how was their health.  Pandavas and Draupadi said about everything that happened in 7 years.  "What happened in Sabha today, Putro?" asked Kunti.  Pandavas told everything that happened in the sabha how Shakuni manipulated things, Entry of Saagnika, How Duryodhan declared that he is ready to accept the punishment and How tomorrow Panchali will give justice in the Sabha.

     After hearing everything, Kunti said "It is a good thing as Draupadi will also get her justice and everything will end without bloodshed."  "Mata, I was shocked by Bharata Duryodhan statement.  How was it possible that he understood his mistake and even asked for forgiveness from us?" questioned Sahadev.  "It was possible only because of Saagnika." commented Kunti.

     (Kunti was with Pandavas when they went to make Indraprashta.  After Dyut Sabha only, she is staying in Hastinapur.  I have changed it according to my story)

     "How are you saying that Mata?" questioned Dharmaraj.  "After I came here, I got to know that she is the daughter of Angaraj and Vrushali.  Also that she is the favorite of Duryodhan more than his own daughter.  Before Dyut Sabha, she went to take education.  After completing her education, when she came here she got to know about Dyut Sabha.  She was so angry that she barged in middle of the chamber where myself, Jiji Gandhari, Karn, Duryodhan were speaking and started shouting at Duryodhan.  All this while, Duryodhan didn't even spoke one word and just hung is head low in shame.  After she completed shouting at him, he just kneeled in front of her and said sorry.  She just said that she was not the one whom he should ask for forgiveness.  Saying this she just went away.  I don't know what happened afterwards.  I just know that she is making Duryodhan to come in the path of Righteousness.  Even he was also obeying her like how a child obeys his mother."  spoke Kunti.

     Everyone stilled hearing the words spoken by their mother.  They don't know how to react for it.  Draupadi thought "Even when I abonded her, she made sure that I get justice.  Even in Sabha when know one thought about my pain today, she made everyone to notice my pain.  Hey Mahadev, What have I done ?"

     Kunti continued "We everyone had made a mistake towards Saagnika.  We lost a gem.  I had also inflicted pain to her.  Even when I went to talk to her knowing she is here, she just replied me coldly addressing me as Rajamata.  She had changed a lot in these years.  In these 7 years, she didn't even spoke to me for once or even glanced at me.  My own granddaughter sees me as a stranger."  saying this she started crying.  Pandavas and Draupadi don't know what to say in this issue.  Draupadi just patted her back even when she was also shedding silent tears.

     "Mata, we have not lost her.  I was the one who wronged her.  I will itself rectify it.  She will come back to us and live with us happily." said Arjun.  "She will never leave her family now.  If you want you can try.  But be ready to face whatever results it brings." commented Kunti smiling sadly.

     "Mata, go and have lunch as we will be having lunch with Duryodhan, Karn and Saagnika.  Madhav is also having lunch with them.  He only made us also join in their lunch time.  We will have dinner with you." said Narottaman.  "As you wish putra.  I will eat my lunch and wait for you all to have dinner with you."  Saying this Kunti got up and started moving out of the temple.

     After their mother went, they thought how are they going to speak with Saagnika.  Staying some time in temple, then they started moving towards their chamber to get ready to have lunch with their lost forgotten daughter.  Arjun and Nityayuvani hoped that their daughter accept them back again. Little did they know that destiny have other plans for them.

To be continued.....

 Sorry guys for the small chapter. After going through my story once again and then only got to know that I had missed Kunti in it.  So here is the chapter of the reunion with their mother.