CHAPTER 19

PAST IS CONTINUING

PLACE: INDRAPRASTHA PALACE

     It has been few days since the departure of Dwarka Royals.  Everything was happening normally.  After some days, Princess Mandhagini informed that she was pregnant.  Everyone became happy for her that she was pregnant after 5 years of marriage.  Everyone started taking extra care towards her.  Even though Saagnika doesn't like her but she was happy to get a new sibling.  But what Saagnika doesn't knows that Mandhagini's pregnancy is going to change her life.

Mandhagini's POV:

     I had informed everyone that I am pregnant.  It has been 18 weeks since the announcement.  Everyone are taking care of me very well.  But they didn't know that I was actually not pregnant.  I had married Arjun before 5 years.  In fact, I tricked him into marrying me.  Marrying him was one of my plans.  This pregnancy drama is also one of my plan to throw Saagnika from her family.  I really hate her.  She was always a problem to me in my past and now also.  She was a hurdle for me in achieving my goals. In my past, I was not that powerful to win against her.  But this time, she doesn't have any power.  She is just a 6 year old girl now.  I can easily overpower her.  Due to the prophecy when she was born made her own family members to keep distance from her.  Her parents didn't show the care which she should get.  So, it was easy for me to manipulate everyone here and make them ignore her more than before. They are such a fool to ignore a gem like her.  I would have cherished her if she was not a hurdle in my goal.  My black magic can show like my belly is growing for only today.  Today will be the last day, she is going to be here.  

    I told my maid to make evidence that Saagnika tried to poison me by sending sweets through her maid.  As I am not really pregnant, when the vaidyars comes to check me, they will conclude that the poison had aborted the child. Automatically, the blame will go on Saagnika due to my pre planned evidence.  I very well know that no one will take stand for her. My maid came inside the chamber bring me out of my thoughts and said "I had finished what you had told me to do, Rajkumari"  I smirked hearing here and said "Very well.  Let's wait and watch the drama."  

Nobody's POV

    Everything went as per the plan of Mandhagini.  At night, She started shouting as if she is in pain keeping her hands in stomach.  Everyone came hearing her screams.  They told Rajvaidyars to check what happened.  Raj vaidyars informed that her child had been aborted due to poisoning.  Each and everyone were shattered to hear the news.  Arjun became devastated that his child had died. When they heard that Mandhagini was poisoned, they were infuriated who would do this heinous crime.  Yudhishthira ordered to investigate about it immediately.

    Everyone was gathered in the Raja Sabha.  Within 2 hours, the investigation said that the culprit was Saagnika.  Everyone were shocked hearing it and turned towards her.  Saagnika was dumbstruck hearing that she was the one poisoned.  Before she could comprehend what was happening, she received a tight slaps from Panchali.  Panchali screamed at her "Why did you do it to her?"  Kunti also slapped and asked "She was also one of your mother. How could your heart have this much venom for her and the unborn child?"  Subhadra said enraged while hugging the 3 year old Abhimanyu tightly protecting from Saagnika "Uncultured, mannerless girl.  Leave about Mandhagini.  At least you should have thought about the unborn child who would have been your sibling.  Where you that much jealous that you killed the baby in the womb itself?  Why do you hate her so much?" 

     No one was giving her time to explain about herself.  No one was ready to hear her explanation.  Without asking about her side of story, they had already decided that she did the crime.  Saagnika understood no one trusted her a bit.  She looked at everyone present there.  Everyone were looking at her with shame, anger, frustration, disgust, horror and fear.  The people in the Sabha were degrading her verbally.  Saagnika was silently shedding tears.  She knows that no one will take stand for her.  So, for the last time she decided to try explain about her situation.

       "Mata, believe me.  I didn't do it.  Why will I do it? I don't hate her.  Please trust me." begged Saagnika while crying in the middle of the Sabha.  "Stop.  Don't do your acting with me.  I know you and how can you do this heinous crime to your mother? I am ashamed to call you as my daughter.  I, Samragyi Draupadi, declared that you are not my daughter anymore." exclaimed Draupadi in anger.

     It was like thunderstruck for Saagnika.  "Please trust me.  I didn't d-" Saagnika was cutted off my Dharmaraj.  "ENOUGH of your lies.  We are not interested in listening to your self made stories.  You are just 6 years old but how can you do this? All the proofs and evidence are against you.  You should be punished for your crime.  I, Samrat Yuddhistir, declare that Saagnika is not a part of Indraprastha royals anymore and is banished from Indraprastha." Suddenly, Narottam Arjun rose from his seat.  Saagnika thought at least her father will trust and support her today.

     "I, Senathipathi Arjun, announce that I cut all ties with Saagnika.  She is not my daughter anymore.  I feel disgusted by you.  I wish you would had not born as my daughter." declared a furious Arjun.  By hearing all this, the heart of the 6 year old girl was broken into pieces.

    She cannot believe her own parents are abandoning her.  She was thrown out of the Illustrious Indraprastha by the soldiers.  Neither did she protest nor cried after the verdict.  She felt numb inside and out.  

FLASHBACK END

To be Continued....

Hello everyone

I told you that i will be posting on Thursday.  Sorry for the delay.  I was not feeling well. So, finally the Flashback is completed.  I had not said about the behaviors of other Pandavas towards Saagnika.  Just know that they ignored her like a plaque.  The meeting of Karn, Duryodhan and many more will be shared as memories by the characters itself.  From next update, the present scenarios will start.

Till then keep supporting me.  Another request from me, kindly vote for the story.

Yours lovingly,

Author Mayavathi.