CHAPTER 17

PAST IS CONTINUING

PLACE: INDRAPRASTHA PALACE

     The Indraprastha Palace was decorated beautifully because Vasudev Krishna was arriving after 2 years.  Everyone are making preparations for his arrival. Saagnika was in her room making a painting.  She decided not to go out.  She thought of only going out to meet her Mamashree if she was compelled by her parents. In that way she can stay out of trouble.

    Finally, Dwarakadeesh arrived with his consort Jambavati and Rukmini.  Every Indraprastha royal were waiting outside to welcome him except Saagnika who was in her chamber.  The three Dwarka royals came out of their chariots.  Kanha gave his signature enchanting smile towards everyone.  He also noticed the absence of Saagnika.  His both the divine consorts also noticed it.

    They moved forward and they were welcomed grandly.  After the welcoming, all went inside the common chamber.  Everyone gave presents to Krishna, Rukmini and Jambavati.  Jambavati asked "Where is Saagnika?"  Hearing her question, everyone went silent as they don't know where she is.  Rukmini smiled sadly thinking that even Arjun and Draupadi didn't know where their daughter will be.  Mandhagini who always hated Saagnika taunted "She doesn't even know that she should be present while welcoming guests. I don't know what her mother taught her. Mannerless girl." Draupadi gritted her teeth hearing Mandhagini's insult which was directed towards her.  Krishna feigning innocence asked Mandhagini "Even you are also her mother as you are the wife of Saagnika's father.  So, are you having doubt on your teaching, Rajkumari?".  Mandhagini flushed in embarrassment and kept quite not knowing what to say.

     Draupadi called Saagnika's personal maid, Manjula and asked where is Saagnika.  Manjula replied "Samragyi, Rajkumar got injury in her leg.  So, she was not able to come."  Kanha asked knowingly "Why didn't you brought it to the knowledge of your Samragyi?"  Manjula replied politely "Rajkumari Mandhagini stopped me when I was coming to inform Samragyi about this in the morning.  I told her about Rajkumari's injury.  She told me that she will tell to Samragyi and ordered me to take care of Rajkumari's injury."  After hearing this, everyone turned towards Mandhagini who was standing with an awkward smile.  Rukmini questioned "Why didn't you inform about this to Panchali, Rajkumari Mandhagini?" The latter tried smiling sweetly and answered "It slipped out of my mind as I was busy in making preparation for your arrival."  Everyone in the chamber except Dwarka royals were satisfied with her answer.  Draupadi dismissed the maid.  Manjula was disheartened that no one asked about Saagnika's health. So was Dwarka royals.

    "Let all of us go and see how Saagnika is doing." suggested Jambavanputri.  Kunti interjected "There is no need for that Putri.  Saagnika can take care of herself.  Even if she need any help, there are maids for it.  You might be tired from the travel and I suggest that you to take rest."  Rukmini and Jambavati had a disbelief look in their face hearing Kunti's answer.  Jagannath had a faint smile with hidden sadness in it and said "As you wish, Bua".  Saying this Krishna stood from the couch and started moving out of the common chamber followed by his Arandhaginis.

PLACE: KRISHNA'S CHAMBER, INDRAPRASTHA PALACE

     After entering the chamber, Jambavati ordered "Ekant".  Hearing her, every daas and daasi in the chamber went out closing the chamber's door.  Now there were only Krishna, Jambavati and Rukmini in the chamber.  Krishna sat in the couch while Rukmini and Jambavati sat opposite to him.  Jambavati asked looking disgruntled "How can Arjun and Draupadi not care about Saagnika?  They didn't even ask the maid how is her leg.  They just wanted to know why she didn't come to welcome but they didn't want to know how she got the injury in her leg.  How can they be like this to her?" While saying the last sentence, she had tears in her eyes which were ready spill.  

     Krishna came and side hugged her.  He said "Stop crying, priye.  I can't see you in tears.  You know very well this is her destiny.  If I have any thing to do for her, I would have done it.  But my hands are also tied by Niyati."  Rukmini said "We know Swami.  If you had any chance, you would have helped her.  I don't know why they are treating her like this just because of the Prophecy.  That Prophecy had both positive and negative things.  But why did they just choose to see the negative impact?" 

   Gopala replied calmly "Every coin has two sides.  Some of them are fearing that if Saagnika is with them, they will get only problems in their life.  Everyone failed to noticed the the other side, which is the positive one."  Jambavati asked "Will Saagnika be ignored like this?"  Jagat pita answered looking at her eyes "Yes, she will always be THE IGNORED PRINCESS of Indraprastha.  She will not get the love and recognition which she yearns in Indraprastha. What others failed to understand is that because of their this behavior with Saagnika, they are going to face lot of troubles in the future.  They shouldn't have made the CHOOSE ONE to cry.  They all will pay for each and every tears she shed because of them.  On the other hand, after moving away from them, happiness will enter into Saagnika's life."  Rukmini and Jambavati heart eased hearing that Saagnika will be happy after some months.  

    How true the words of Bhagwan Vishnu's were.  But for making that words into reality, Saagnika has to go through one last trouble.  This problem will destroy the love and care which she has in her biological family.

To be Continued.....