CHAPTER 10

PLACE: PANDAVAS'S CHAMBER

     There was a grave silence after Krishna has left the chamber.  Everyone in the chamber were trying to digest the information which they have discovered now.  The silence was broken by the sobs of Draupadi.  Pandavas rushed towards her to comfort.  "Panchali, calm down and don't cry" said Indraputr who itself had tears in his eyes.  

     "What have I done Aryaputro?  I had done a sin which no mother does for her daughter.  I had inflected so much of pain to her.  I don't know how she had endured those.  Govind has told that she had endured the pain of our six combined and more.  By thinking about those itself is making my heart shudder.  How much had she suffered?  In being a good wife, I had forgotten to become a good mother for her.  Every time she comes to me after Arjun scolds her.  Rather than giving her comfort, I had scolded her for making him angry.  Now, she doesn't even likes to live under the same roof with us.  THAT DAY must have been the last thread of love which she had for us." stated Yagnaseni while crying hestericaly.  Arjun also started wailing by remembering everything which he had done to Saagnika.  Pandavas and Draupadi thought about the last day where they have seen her.

Flashback:

15 years ago... the dreaded day of Saagnika's life

PLACE: INDRAPRASHTA SABHA

     "Mata, believe me.  I didn't do it.  Why will I do it?  I don't hate her.  Please trust me." begged a 6 years old Saagnika while crying in the middle of the sabha.  "Stop.  Don't do your acting with me.  I know you and how can you  do this heinous crime to your mother?  I am ashamed to call you as my daughter. I declare that you are not my daughter anymore." exclaimed Draupadi in anger.

     "Please trust me.  I didn't d-" Saagnika was cutted off by Dharmaraj.  "ENOUGH of your lies.  We are not interested in listening to your self made stories.  You are just 6 years old but how can you do this?  All the proofs and evidence are against you.  You should be punished for your crime.  I, Samrat Yuddhistir, declare that Saagnika is not a part of Indraprastha royals and is banished from Indraprasta."  Suddenly, Gudakesha Arjun rose from his seat.  Saagnika thought her father will atleast support her today. 

     "I, Senathipathi Arjun, announce that I cut all ties with Saagnika.  She is not my daughter anymore." declared a furious Narottam.  By hearing all this, the heart of the 6 year old girl was burned into ashes.  

     She cannot believe her own parents are abondaning her.  That day, she was thrown out of the glorious Indraprashta by the soldiers.  Neither did she protest or cried after the verdict.   She felt numb inside and out.

Flashback ends.

     They were brought out of their thoughts by Arjun.  "Don't cry Panchali.  We all know that we had made a mistake.  We will surely ask for forgiveness and win her back.  We will give her what we had not provided her in the past.  We will live with her as a happy family." said Savyasachi in a determined toned.  "You are right, Bharata.  We will make everything right."  supported Sahadev.

     Yuddhistir said "Very well.  We can ask for her forgiveness tomorrow after giving  punishments for everyone.  It has become too late.  Everyone go and take rest."  Everyone agreed with Pandavagraja.  They bid their fare well and went to to sleep.

    The thoughts of everyone in the Hastinapur Palace was same that is "Tomorrow is going to be a long and big day."   With this thought, everyone went to sleep.

To be continued....

Sorry for the small chapter... I didn't had any idea for saying their emotion briefly in this.. I will try to improve my writing skills... Next chapter will be the court sessions... Today I had gave a small insight of Saagnika's past.

   I hope you had enjoyed this chapter... Thank you