CHAPTER 11

PLACE: HASTINAPUR SABHA

     Next day has started.  Today is the judgement day for all the sinners in the Dyut Sabha.  Everyone are assembling in the sabha.  Krishna, Pandavas and Draupadi had already been there in the Sabha.  Kunti was in the balcony of the Sabha.  Just then the three musketeers i.e., Radheya, Suyodhan and Dronputr entered the sabha.  Their wives were there in the balcony with Rajmata Kunti.  Kunti saw them and smiled lightly.  They also reiprocated it.  The musketeers greeted Krishna and others.

     Just then the Panchabootham team entered in the sabha. They went towards Kanha and Others and greeted them.  Then, they went to stand beside the musketeers.  Vasundhara was claded in a simple blue lehenga with her always permanent bracelet, kangan and pendant.  She stood beside Suyodhan and gave her silent support to him.  Suyodhan saw this and smiled towards her for her presence.

    "Suyo, whatever happens today don't let others to look down upon you.  Be strong in whatever you have to say as always.  Today, the justice should be given to all of them who were present on the Dyut Sabha.  Don't hesitate to question against Adharma even when you are in fault.  I hope you remember that." told Saagnika.  "Okay Zaara" said Duryodhan even though he was confused with the words of his Zaara but trusted her and agreed with it.  

     "Will there be any problem, Adwita?" questioned Ashwatthama.  "Pita, you are asking a wrong question.  You should ask whether is she going to create any problem or not?" countered Akash mischeviously.  "As if you don't create any troubles.  Do you want me to say about your last prank?" asked Saagnika.  Akash and Saagnika got a smack on their heads to stop their banter from continuing further by Lakshmana and Lakshman respectively.  They both rubbed their heads and pouted simultaneously.  Everyone chuckled on seeing their antics. 

     "Seriously, will there be?" asked a concerned Ashwatthama.  "I don't know Kaka Ashwa.  If things doesn't goes as I thought.  Then, there will be definitely a small ruckus.  At that time, I want to you all to support me if you think what I am doing is right." said Vrushaliputri.  "You can always count on us, Laila." Said Vasusen smilingly.  Everyone agreed to his statement and smiled at it.  "I know it, Papa and everyone." said a smiling Saagnika.

    This interaction were seen by Arjun.  Arjun become sad when Saagnika didn't talk with him and was talking with his arch enemy smilingly.  Suddenly, he thought "I got to know how will it to be ignored by your loved one.  She would felt like this when I was not talking to her."

     Arjun's thoughts was cutted of by the announcement of Dhritirashtr arrival.  After his arrival, Shakuni was brought into the court in chains.  Knowing this Dhritirashtr questioned about this and Duryodhan replied what happened yesterday after the court was dismissed.  Dhritirashtr let it be as he was also angry for what he said about Saagnika.

     "Sabha can start for today." announed the King.  "Maharaj, I am willing to give all the wealth I had took from Pandavos and Samragyi." said Duryodhan.  "Very well, putra.  Draupadi, kindly come in the centre and say about the punishment, you want to give to your sinners." told the Maharaja.  Draupadi came to the centre and saw everyone.

     "Thank you Maharaja.  That day was the most dread day in my life.  No women should be there in my situation.  So, first of all, I would like you to announce a rule that the game of Dyut should be banned." said Nityayuvani.  Ambikaputr announced "As you say.  From today onwards, the game of Dyut will be banned in Hastinapur."

     "The main reason for everything happened was Gandharraj Shakuni.  He was the one who was behind all this deception. His dice should be burned this instant. He should know how was it to be separated from our loved ones like myself and my husbands were separated from our children.  So, he should be order to not to meet Maharani Gandhari or Kauravas and should not involve in the matters of Hastinapur.  He should stay in the Hastinapur jail for 1 week and be given whiplash for 50 times which has thorns in it.  Afterwards, he should be sent to Gandhar and banned from Hastinapur." exclaimed Agnisutaa while staring angrily at Shakuni who was cowering in fear while hearing his punishments.  Maharani Gandhari was sad for the punishment of her brother but she knows that this was his punishment for his sin.  Hence, she kept quite.

      "As you wish, Putri.  Whatever Draupadi stated shall be fulfilled this instant." declared Hastinapur Maharaja.  Shakuni was protesting to changes his punishment from meeting Gandhari against his shackles.  But he was dragged from the Sabha to the jail by the soldiers.

     "Duryodhan and Dusshasan, even though you have asked for forgiveness and I had forgave you.  But there is a need for giving punishment because what you had done was a sin.  If I leave you without giving punishment today, then many men will take advantages of women.  I hope you don't have grudges on this." explained Pandavpriye.  "I understand it, Bhabhishree.  I am ready to accept whatever punishment you give."  said Duryodhan and Dusshasan agreed with him.  Karn, Ashwatthama, Panchabootham and three musketeer's wives smiled hearing this.

     Drupadkanya continued "Duryodhan and Dusshasan should be whipped for 10 times which has torns and should spend a month disguised as a lady servant in some other kingdom.  Other Kauravas except Vikarna and Yuyutsu should disguise as a lady servant in some other kingdom for a period of 1 week." "We agree to your conditions, Bhabhishree.  But can you give us a time of 1 week for preparation and for being with our family?" asked Gandharinandhan.  Draupadi just nodded hearing this.  "Kauravas punishment will take place after 1 week." declared Mahraja.

     "I have declared punishment for all.  Thank you Maharaj for giving me an opportunity to get my justice." said Panchali and started moving towards her husbands where they were standing.  She was halted by a voice questioning her.

     "Is that all Samragyi?"  

To be continued....

Hello everyone... I cannot give a proper schedule for informing about my updates... I will update whenever I have time... Kindly adjust with it... I hope you all are enjoying the story... Thanks for all the comments