CHAPTER 14

PLACE: HASTINAPUR SABHA

     "I will give punishments for my husbands also." said Agnisutaa to avoid the tensions spread in the sabha.  She still had doubts on giving punishment to her husbands.  Hearing her thoughts, Jagannath said "Very well, Sakhi.  You have made the correct decision.  Everyone involved in the Dyut Sabha has to be punished.  Go ahead and dictate their punishment."  At words of her Govind, Draupadi's turmoil got cleared and decided to punish her husbands.

     "I give the same punishments as Duryodhan and Dussashan to my husbands.  They have to be given 10 whiplash with thorns and they have to serve in some other kingdom as a dasi.  They can also start their punishments after one week." stated Panchali.  Pandavas agreed for this punishments as they know their mistake."  "So be it.  Let the punishments of Pandavas can also start after one week." said Hastinapur Maharaj.  Draupadi thanked everyone in the sabha and went to stand beside her husbands.   

     After further discussions, the sabha ended.  Maharaj, Mahamahin, Mahamantri and other ministers exited the sabha.  Kunti and the musketeer's wives came down from the balcony.  Krishna, Pandavas, Draupadi, Kunti, Gandhari, The three musketeers and their wives and Panchabootham are left in the sabha.

     "Mata, please don't be angry on me.  It was necessary for giving punishments." pleaded Draupadi to Gandhari and Kunti.  Kunti said "It's okay, Putri.  I know it is for greater good."  Even though, she was sad for her sons to get punishment but she knows that they are also at fault.  "No problem, Putri.  You don't have to apologize.  We reap, what we sow.  That has happened to my sons.  I am thankful to you that you were little lenient on giving punishment." said Gandhari smilingly.  Draupadi smiled and nodded accepting it.

     "You shouldn't have hurt Bheem, Saagnika.  Apologize to him, now" said Kunti in a reprimanding tone.  "He shouldn't had talked like that about my Kakashree, Rajamata.  I am not apologizing and who are you to say to me that what I should do and not to?" said Saagnika.  "He is elder to you." "He should have behaved like that."  Seeing the growing tension, Vrushali scolded "Gudiya, apologize to Rajmata.  You should not speak to her in that tone."  Hearing her mother, Vrushaliputri said to Kunti "Forgive me, Rajmata."

      Draupadi understood one thing from this situation that one word from Vrushali, then Saagnika will do it immediately no matter what.  She thought of getting help from Vrushali to get her daughter back to her.  If Vrushali says her to forgive her and accept her, Saagnika will do it.  Panchali doesn't knows how wrong is she thinking that Vrushali will help her.

     Vrushali turned towards Kunti and said "Kindly refrain from ordering my daughter what to do and not to, Rajmata.  You don't have any rights to order her around."  Hearing this Nakul said, "She has every rights to tell her what to do as she is her granddaughter."  Panchabootham chuckled hearing it.  Everyone turned towards them.  "Is there anything funny at what I said?" questioned Nakul.  "You have a good sense of humor, Rajkumar.  Are you telling that Saagnika is Rajmata's granddaughter whom she had disliked from the prophecy?  Am I right, Rajmata?" questioned Lakshman whose tone was sarcastic at first and changed into serious tone.

      Hearing this Nakul kept quiet and so was Pandavas.  Kunti just became sad on hearing it.  "You can't speak like that, Laksh." chided Duryodhan.  "I know, Pitashree.  Likewise they also don't have any rights on Vasundhara.  Is there any drama show going on?  First, they ignore a child and abandon her.  After that they claim rights on her.  What kind of joke is this, Pitashree?"  asked Lakshman to Duryodhan.  But everyone knows that he was directing the questions towards Pandavas, Draupadi and Kunti.  They didn't know what to answer for his questions.

     "Enough, Laksh.  Let's move out of the Sabha.  I think everyone has work." said Saagnika.  The three musketeers with their wives and Panchabootham agreed with her and moved out of the Sabha.  Pandavas, Draupadi and Kunti don't know how to mend their mistakes which they did to Saagnika.  They have started to realize their mistake.  They just want one chance from Saagnika to rebuild their bonds.  

     All this while Krishna was standing silently and watching the drama unfold in front of his eyes.  After hearing the thoughts of Pandavas, his Sakhi and Bua, he just smiled at them sadly.  "Let's move out of the Sabha, everyone." said Kanha.  Everyone were brought of their thoughts hearing Krishna and went out of the Sabha.

At Night

PLACE: SAAGNIK'A CHAMBER

      After having the dinner, Panchabootham assembled in Vasundhara's chamber and chit chatting happily.  Suddenly Vrishaketu hesitantly asked "Didi, can I ask you one question?"  Vasundhara smiled and said "Why are you hesitating, Vrish?  I am your sister.  There is no need for permission, just ask away." said Vasundhara smilingly.  "What happened to you, Didi?  I want know everything.  I just know that you were punished for something which you didn't do.  What was that punishment for?  What happened to you 15 years back?"  asked Vrishaketu.

     The joyous atmosphere became tensed after Vrishaketu's question.  "Vrishaketu, It is not the time to ask this question.  Leave it." said Lakshman as he knows everything that happened to her.  The three musketeers and theirs wives, Lakshman and Vrishasen are the only people to know about her full past. 

     "No, Laksh.  He should know everything now.  Even Akash and Didi should know about me fully.  I don't want to keep them in dark about my past." said Vasundhara.  "There is no need for you to tell it now, Sakhi.  Tell us when you are comfortable." said Akash smiling at Vasundhara.  "It's okay, Akash.  I am comfortable in telling about my past with you all.  I am always comfortable with you guys.  You all should know about.  You all have supported me at every point of my life.  You should know about my childhood also." said Saagnika smilingly.

     Everyone nodded at her agreeing.  Saagnika closed her eyes and thinks about her past.  They let their friend to settle her mind and heart and waits patiently.  Saagnika opened her eyes and say her friends giving her encouraging smiles to say about it.  She saw this and started telling them about her past.       

To be continued......