Ardyn X Reader [One Hell Of A Team]

You stitch your dreams, but they'll never hold
You're falling by the wayside
Falling by the wayside
Down you go
There is so much you could be
Endless possibilities
Shake my hand, don't be naive

You meet Ardyn when you first went up the ranks in the Nif's army, your powers were the reason why he took an interest in you; the power of the frost is what he always called it and was slowly and charmingly trying to get you on his side but you didn't fall for him easily knowing he was a smooth talker and knew he only wanted the interest power you hide so well from the higher ranker in the Nif empire, but you couldn't help but feel like he was the only one that knew how you felt; the feeling of always being alone and being misunderstood.

Now you can trust me
I see potential in your future, we can agree
I have credentials that you don't, your want is a need
So if you'd like to try and help us, baby, redeem
Can't you hear it in my voice?

He didn't force anything from you, when people weren't around, he would bring up your powers and asked how they worked; telling him a small bit but didn't leave out the bit that your frozen like powers seemed to stop your ageing process when you turned nineteen. This seemed to catch is interest, but you didn't miss the times he pushed aside your questions; spinning riddles into rhymes that made your head hurt but you could see how thick and tall his walls around him were when you asked questions of the unknown about him. 

I don't understand what's in it for you
There's no motive, I just wanna make your dreams come true
So why does my heart tell me not to trust, you're only bad news
Well, maybe you should smile, you're never fully dressed, it's your debut
Now hang the banners, welcome all those on the outside
I'll show compassion and they'll see their future's in sight
Yeah, nothing can go wrong, our deal is sealed air tight

You tried some nights looking into the files about Ardyn but not much was told about him; only he has been with the Empire for a great while; but the thought of him being something he is not still spinning in your mind when not finding the answers you were looking for. But no matter where you both were in the empire or outside on the field, one of you was looking out for the other' you didn't even plan to even care for the man, but it just slowly started to show up between you, he seemed to make sure that you reported to him personally then than Ravus when you returned from a mission, the Emperor seemed to have caught on how you and Ardyn were practically at the hip with one another and made sure to make you both a team; him being the chancellor of the Empire you were made his right hand/bodyguard when traveling with him. 

If you wanna feel alive
We could set the world alight
There is so much you could be if only you'd join me
We make one hell of a team
You are wicked like a torturous dream
Like a sweet calamity
There is so much you could be if only you'd join me

We make one hell of a team