My Luck Charm [Future Book]

[a/n: Future will not have a second part to them, enjoy]

It has been two years, two years since the light was returned to the world. Insomnia was growing again bigger and better; the world finally knew peace thanks to their king. Noctis reign was just beginning, and he was already being called the greatest king of this era; he brought peace to this world and will forever keep it. In honor of the newly built Insomnia a large statue of those who made this moment possible was built in the middle of the city, king Regis stood tall in the middle with his shield standing beside him; below them stood the hero of the city Nyx Ulric holding his blades in a cross form showing he will always be the hero of the city that awful day and the last two standing below Nyx was lady Lunafreya looking beautiful and elegant in marble form just like she was in real life; her brother standing beside her as well holding out his sword ready for any battle that would come to the city on this world. It was a statue that showed how much everyone has sacrificed for Noctis and his friends through this hard journey.

That statue was always seen on Kathrine's path to the citadel; it always made her think about what life was like in the dark, memories she didn't want to remember for they weren't the pleasant memories everyone would like to have. But since the peace reached across the world things were different, the kings guard wasn't needed as much like it was before, but it wasn't all gone they still trained for any threat that would show itself, the guards were freer to actually live a life instead of standing guard and in fear of a large war breaking out. 

Kathrine walked up the large stairs to the citadel being greeted by the morning guards when the doors opened. She was starting her original job, which was being a physical therapist, but she didn't do this job fully for more deeper reasons she wished to keep silent about. It was always an honor to see the citadel in all its glory again, some places were still under construction from the war twelve years ago now. But knowing where the training room is always easy to remember since she was here before when she was a kid; she always trained with the glaives when she would sneak into the citadel when she could.

Hearing the sounds of men and women huffing and grunting to her ears became louder once she opened and closed the door, seeing the men and women training hard for normal everyday guard training. Looking around the room she watched them throw punched and kicks, flipping through the air and dodging the others when throwing a punch back; but her attention went to one person inside the room.

Seeing his large back tattoo of certain bird but she couldn't see the front of it; seeing his back muscles flexing while he tossed his large wooden practice sword around grunting and huffing as he swung it around; sweat dripping down his body that was well built from where she could see it, his hair was long but held up in a messy topknot being a dark brown that looked soft to touch.

"You must be miss Luck" another voice broke away from the unknown male she was looking at.

Bringing her attention to an older man she knew well who everyone knew was Cor the immortal a very well-known man throughout the world; he was still a good trainer even in his fifties but that wasn't going to stop him from doing anything not to mention he was still handsome for sure.

"That is me, Kathrine Luck" she spoke holding out her hand to him which he took with a firm grip which she could tell by the strength he had in it as they shook hands together.

"You'll be a great help, thank you for coming on short notice" Cor spoke again as they released hands before he held his hands behind his back being the soldier like he was.

"Of course, sir" she nods her head being well mannered when dealing with soldiers and royal people in general since she was born low class in this world.  

"Gladio get over here" Cor called out to someone which brought her attention back to the man she was staring at a moment ago.

Seeing him turn around to face her and Cor made her cheeks burn with blush a bit, seeing his face was a different thing. Gladio was the king's shield and never thought she was being called for him; seeing his brown eyes stare into her light blue eyes while he walked towards them drying off the sweat from his face, his beard made him look so rough and handsome as she looked at him.

"What's up?" Gladio asked which made Kathrine's inners shake her up hearing his deep and raspy voice, it was a voice she could listen to forever.

"This is Kathrine Luck; she'll be making sure you're in shape for your next fight next week" Cor spoke to Gladio brining his attention to Kathrine who still stood there feeling a bit intimidated by the size of Gladio.

Even though Gladio was the king shield, he was also a well-known cage fighter around Eos; she has seen some of his fights on the TV so she knows how brutal those fights can get. 

"I'll leave you two be" Cor said turning away from them while walking over to bark orders at some newbies who were slacking off for a few minutes.

"So, you think you can handle me buttercup?" Gladio flashed her a smirk showing that he was still a flirt around the women since he knows how he had an effect on them. Kathrine couldn't count how many times she has delt with men like him.

"Don't be full of yourself I'm here for a job nothing more" she spoke looking away from him with a not impressed look on her face, before heading towards the locker rooms to start her job on Gladio.

"If you say so" he shrugged off her response while he followed behind her heading towards the locker room to get his treatment from her.

 Things are always rocky at the start but between Kathrine and Gladio things were going to get even rockier when she thinks this would be the only time, she would see him; but in all truth things were just going to become more of a game for Gladio, once he finds someone who acts tough he likes to push the buttons to see how much they can take and Kathrine was one of those new toys he wanted to break and find out how she ticked. Not knowing he would need her more than anyone in his life than ever before.