Gladio x Reader [Family Ties]

[A/N: Goes with the image 2]

Life living in Insomnia was interesting to say the least for those who didn't know the city so well but if you are born within the walls it can get pretty boring around here even if there was a war going on outside the wall. At least that was my take on it since I've been living here since I was born, my name is [Y/N] and I was born into the famous family known as [L/N].

A family known for their military training for the crownsguard and kingslgaive, not to mention known for their knowledge of deamons, at first people didn't like that so much thinking my family would one day turn on all but time went on and it was all under the bridge. I'm the youngest out of five boys, my brothers and father worked in the crownguard and kingsglaive while I was just a stay at home sister who looked after the house with mother not to mention went to school and had lessons on being a proper lady mother was very proud of that.

Being the only only daughter meant a lot of protective older brothers and a father which helped in some ways but it got annoying when I would find a crush or just talked to some boy at school, but that wasn't until I reached high school. Right now I was in my room reading up on some school work, but my train of thought was broken when I could hear my father talking to someone downstairs. Being curious I put my books down and headed downstairs to see what was going on maybe it was someone from work he normally did invite people from work over.

"Ah, and speak of the devil herself" my father's voice boomed out once I turned the corner that headed to the living room where he was.

"[Y/N] I want you to meet an old friend of mine, Clarus Amicitia" my father spoke again as he turned to the man standing beside him.

"Hello sir" I curtsied as I spoke, why would lord Amicitia be here? I know my father knows him but still is confused me.

"Hello lady [Y/N], your father spoke very highly about you" he greeted with a kind smile whihc made me relax.

I smiled a bit hoping it was good talk and not embarrassing stories.

"[Y/N] I know that this may seem a bit sudden but we were speaking about joining our two house together one day" my father spoke a bit unease as he began.

"Oh? Is one of my brother's marrying someone?" I asked since I didn't know the family of Amicitia to well.

"No dear, Iris is still far young; we spoke and agreed that you would marry his only son Gladiolus" my father chuckled a bit before looking nervous once he spoke the last part.

I was a little taken back with surprise, I know my family was strong and noble but I didn't think I would be worthy of anything really; I always thought that my brother's were the hero's of the family and people liked them more then me.

"I know its a lot to take in, but we also agreed that it won't happen for a while and you both can get to know each other better" my father spoke again when he knew I was still in shock by the news.

Well at least they are willing to let me get to know this Gladiolus before the wedding bells.

"Very well father, I will agree to this future wedding" I said calmly as possible but I was really afraid actually. 

"Thank you, you may go back upstairs" my father said as I nod my head and left the room.

Rushing to my room I closed the door and breathed heavily letting this news run through my head, me marry? That was crazy I never thought they would want me to marry someone. I never thought I was that important to the family, but its not like it would be a bad thing right? But what do I know I am only fourteen and still know nothing of real love or anything hopefully time with tell.

- 7 years later -

Its been seven years since I've learned about my arranged marriage to Gladio, We've never really met through those years since both of us were so busy with our duties to our family and the royal family; I have caught glimpses of him from time to time and he wasn't bad looking which was an A+ at least.

But today was the day where we would finally meet each other face to face at last, I sat in the back of the car as our driver drove me to the location where Gladio would be today; I hope he is nice and thinks I'm at least okay. In my thoughts I didn't hear the car stop until my mother placed her hand on my shoulder making me jump and look at her seeing a warm smile on her face.

"You'll do fine, go and meet him" she said as our driver opened the door for me as I got out, seeing the city as busy as ever as normal people did every day things.

Scanning the area I spotted him down the sidewalk with a group of boys beside him; must be his friends, I took in a breath in and started walking towards him and his friends; coming closer I noticed prince Noctis was within the group okay now things were going to get interesting. Walking closer I could hear what they spoke about.

"Man, our man Gladio getting hitched that's going to be a sight to see" the blonde man spoke as he smiled brightly.

"I'm sure every girl's heart is breaking by the minute" Noctis joked as he smirked looking at his shield.

"hey it was bound to happy, besides father says she's an eye catcher" Gladio said as he crossed his arms which I could see some form of tattoo on his arms.

"She is from a powerful family, I say this arrangement is more than generous" the man with the glasses spoke as he pushed his glasses up a bit.

Standing there a moment I took in another breath and cleared my throat catching their attention making them turn to me which made me nervous.

"Hello, I'm [Y/N] [L/N] pleasure to meet you; you must be Gladio?" I said with a warm smile trying to stay calm.

"Uh, yep that me nice t put a name to a face" he said a bit in a daze before snapping out of it with a charming smiling that made my heart jump.

"I agree" I said with my smile growing and my cheeks turning red.

Gladio stood in front of me which made me look up seeing he was taller than what I made out I at least came up close to his chest at least; before either could say anything we heard a snap which made us turn to see the blond man holding a camera.

"Prompto really?" Gladio sighed at his friend.

"To bad big guy I am not missing a shot like this" he smirked when he gave me a wave which I giggled and waved back at him. 

"Well we will leave you both do enjoy your day" the man in glasses spoke.

"Thanks Ignis" Gladio said as he placed his right hand gently against my back which made me know we were going to walk away from the group.

Walking away from the three and heading out to enjoy this day, I was still nervous about this day and I think Gladio noticed.

"Nervous?" he asked as he looked down at me.

"A little" I said chuckling a bit.

"Don't worry I am too honesty which is a first but I'll make sure you enjoy your day" he said chuckling himself as he held out his hand to me.

I smiled warmly again and gladly took his hand in mind which made me feel safe, I had a good feeling this wasn't going to be a bad thing after all.