Gladio x Reader [Promise]

[A/N: Before Gladio heads off for his training is how the scene is set]

You sat outside the tent next to the fire that was slowly dying, just giving off a soft glow with a bit of warmth left as you stared at the burning embers hidden under the ashes above them; your mind with filled with a lot of things and one of them had to do with what Gladio requested from the prince, your heart only swollen with fear of what might happen with this 'business' Gladio wanted to do before continuing the journey you five took from Lestallum.

"[Y/N]?" the voice of Gladio broke your train of thoughts when he placed his hand gently on your head.

"Shouldn't you be sleeping, Gladdy?" you asked when you still stared at the burning embers.

"I can say the same about you" he said back as he sat down beside you; looking at your face knowing that look very well on your face.

"[Y/N], I know that you don't like this idea but I have to do it" Gladio sighed as he spoke looking at the soft embers of the fire.

"That doesn't make it any better, What's the point in doing it?" you said finally looking at him wanting answers since he didn't really clear it which just made you worry more.

"Babe, I'm doing it to be stronger to protect you and prince Noctis" Gladio looked at you taking your free hand in his.

"But what if something happens? You could get seriously injured, loose a limb or an eye....or.....you could die and I would have no fucking way of knowing" you spoke looking away from him speaking about your worries when you paused for a moment before letting out or biggest fear with a shaky breath.

Gladio wrapped his arm around your waist bring you closer to him as you leaned into him savoring his touch; he hated seeing like this worrying about the biggest fears that could happen. He had to do this even it meant having you be like this before he left in the early morning.

"I promise I'll come back, no matter what nothing is going to keep me away from you" he said as he glanced down at you.

"Promise?" you asked while lifting your head up looking him in his brown eyes with your [E/C] eyes not wanting him to promise something that can be broken.

"I promise; I'll come back to you" he said not giving the chance of doubt to fill your mind when he leaned down towards you giving you a strong passionate kiss to seal this promise for the both of you.....

"I love you, [Y/N]" Gladio spoke softly once your lips parted.

"I love you too, Gladio" you smiled warmly before sealing your lips on his once more enjoying this last night together for a while until he returned to you safe and stronger than ever.