Phantom Of Insomnia [Future Book]

[A/N: future book will not have a second part]

For some it was hard to believe that the world was once in darkness, thanks to the chosen king he brought peace and light back to the world, and no one got to have a chance to thank him or his friends that helped me along the way. The citadel was no longer used for anything, no one has ever thought of taking the throne away from the king who was buried alongside his friends in the royal cemetery. But the rumors about the phantom grew over the years that seemed to pass like nothing has changed, many wondered if this was true and some just thought it was just a children's story to keep them away from the citadel since it has been under construction to rebuild it for a history mark after years to come.

"You're not seriously going to go inside?" the voice of Rose Amicitia spoke as she followed her best friend Margret who was ten years older than her, but Rose looked just like her mother Iris but acted like her father always cautious about things.

"Oh, come on, you're telling me you never wished to go inside to see what it was like? Rose, you have more of a connection to this place than anyone else" Marget said while they both paused at the bottom of the stairs that lead up to the citadel, her blonde hair shimmering in the light; her blue eyes doing just the same.

"I know, I know my uncle saved the city with the king I've heard of it so many times" Rose sighed heavily knowing the story by heart since Iris always told her the stories of her uncle and his friends when she traveled with them for a small bit.

"Well, I am going inside" Margret said not going to back down from wanting to explore the old citadel that just now was being rebuilt after another ten years.

Rose didn't know what to say when she watched her friend rush up the stairs to sneak inside, but the figure in a broken window didn't go unnoticed to Rose when Margret vanished inside the building before, she could say something to warn her. 

Inside the citadel was impressive, even with all the damage that happened to it during the war; that seemed like a lifetime ago. Margret could still remember how dark it was every day when she lived in Hammerhead with her aunt Cindy helping out the hunters that hunted the daemons during the night. Walking further into the citadel she found herself at the throne room, seeing the large hole in the building that shed light into the room; lovely white flowers were blooming through the wall giving this place the ruin look it was known to have. It felt like she could almost feel the souls that used to live here and could feel king Noctis and his friends who fought the daemon himself who brought darkness to the world, walking further in her footsteps echoed in the large room letting her gaze look at every detail.

"An exquisite sight indeed, every detail exactly as he said; will you still stand when all the rest of us are dead?" Margret couldn't help but think to herself thinking back to when she asked about the citadel when she was only sixteen, she couldn't believe she was here and living just around the corner in the opera house where she worked at.

Walking up to the throne itself she could see the sword that was imbedded in the back of the chair, sunk in deeply by a strong force; the very place where Noctis himself was found after the war had ended and the light was returned. His friends Ignis, Gladio and Prompto were found outside by the stairs fighting off the daemons giving their lives just like their king did for the people. Margret slowly reached out to the sword that still looked sharp but was covered in vines and leaves now, her fingers almost touched the metal that peeked out from the vines only for her hand to be stopped by someone. Making her gasp when her attention was brought to a figure next to her hidden by the black cloak he wore, but she could see a slight scar from where the light caught on him; something about him seemed familiar and safe about him.

"You shouldn't be here; return to the opera house you have a show tonight" he spoke his voice was slightly deep and smooth when he let go of her hand turning away from her to walk back down the stairs reminding her about tonight.

Margret lost her words while she watched the man walk away from her, vanishing like a ghost into the shadows. Her skin crawled with a shiver that she welcomed gladly, this was the first time she ever saw the phantom that seemed to be a rumor but was true; his voice was always calming to listening to for she remembered it was the voice of her master who taught her how to sing like an angel.

"Yes master" she said to no one around her but thought he could still hear her within the room when she soon walked down the stairs to return back outside and to head back to the opera house where she called home for the last ten years when she moved to Insomnia.